Helping Hounds Director

Guest emily

:f_red :f_red

So very sad. What a waste.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytexplorer

This just makes me sick. And I was in Memphis last week.......... :cry1

RIP, Becky, the houndies and kitties miss you!

f_yellow f_yellow :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink:f_white :f_white :f_white:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

Edited by greytexplorer

Guest greytloves

What a beautiful sounding lady, helping rescue hounds and helping seniors and people in need. The world will miss her.

Guest joedogs_mom
Thanks Laura...I've been watching the story & I was wondering if it was someone she knew & probably trusted.

A little news also, most of the greyhounds have found homes....2 of them actually were being dog sitted by Becky, their owners picked them up on Monday.

thanks for the scoop, hilda...

Guest joedogs_mom

i just read that the man and his mother had done work at her home over a year ago...that would explain why he was "comfortable" with the dogs in the house...so terribly, terribly sad.

To bad he couldn't be tried with a jury of all greyhound lovers. ;)

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest joedogs_mom

Rebecca Sue Neeley

REBECCA SUE NEELEY, 58, died Wednesday, June 18, 2008, at her home in Memphis. She was born January 8, 1950, in Harrisburg, Arkansas and is proceeded in death by her father, Shea Neeley, mother, Elizabeth Neeley and her only sister, Shari Neeley Mouille. She is survived by her close friend Anne Lile-Castle of Jonesboro. She also leaves behind the love of her life, her nine rescued racing greyhounds, Colin, Lady Shay, Chuckie, Abby, Allie, Wubba Dubba, Lizzy, Poco and Ashley and two cats, Fonzie and Gabriel. She will be missed by all her friends, patients and loved ones. Becky grew up in Jonesboro before moving to Memphis. She graduated in 1967 from Jonesboro High School and attended Arkansas State University. In 1997, Becky was inducted into the Golden Key International Honor Society as a lifetime member through the University of Memphis. She graduated cum laude from the University of Memphis in 1998 with a major in Therapeutic Recreation and used that degree in her position as activity director for The Pointe Assisted Living Facility where she brought cheer and a smile to the patients in her care. She was the director of Helping Hounds Pet Therapy, a nonprofit organization. The members of Helping Hounds are adoptive "parents" of retired greys mostly from Mid South Greyhound Adoption Option and take their greyhounds to nursing and assisted living facilities, St. Jude and area hospitals. A goal of the HHPT is to educate the community of the plight of the retired greyhounds and their need for adoption. A memorial service will be held in Memphis on Saturday, June 28 at 12 noon at The Pointe at Kirby Gate Assisted Living at 6480 Quince Road. Becky and the facility would be pleased to also have her canine friends in attendance. Funeral arrangements are being handled by Emerson Funeral Home in Jonesboro and arrangements are incomplete. For lasting memorials, please consider a donation to Midsouth Greyhound Adoption Option, 1550 N. Ingram Blvd., West Memphis, AR 72301 or House of Mews, 933 S. Cooper Street, Memphis, TN 38104 in lieu of flowers. To sign an online registry, go to www.emersonfuneralhome.com. Emerson Funeral Home 870-935-4345

http://www.legacy.com/CommercialAppeal/Obi...sonId=112267997

Edited by joedogs_mom

Here's a link to a little more on the arrest. http://www.commercialappeal.com:80/news/20...rebecca-neeley/

thanks zoolady...was about to post that myself...

Just thought I'd mention that the above article was written by a fellow greyhound owner.

This whole thing is really bothering me. I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore. Get me out of this city!

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Totally sickening.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project