Allergic Reaction To Chemo

Tonight I had made plans to go flyering, with several other GTers, for the loose dog in Woodstock,CT area. But....

5:45 - Picked up Penny from chemo treatment at Tufts. (She threw up a couple times on the way home, but I thought

she would feel better once she got home.)

6:15 - Got home and immediately noticed her face was quite swollen. Our regular vet was open til 7pm and closer

than going back to Tufts, so I raced down there with her.

6:45 - At the vet, she had hives all over and was throwing up again. They gave her a couple shots- benadryl and a steroid.

They said the swelling would go down soon and gave me some benadryl capsules for her.

7:10 - Got home and explained the situation to DH.

7:15 - Anne Marie (I think it was her) came by with the flyers. Spoke via Jen's cell phone with Michael at the same time.

7:20 - Left for Woodstock

7:45 - Met up with Jen and went flyering.

10:00 - Home. Penny is still a little swollen but seems "herself" once again. Gave her more benadryl. What a day for Penny

and for me!

Penny_allergy_001.jpg

Penny_allergy_002.jpg

Edited by tornadosgirl
2wck1zc.jpg

It was actually Amber who gave you the flyers. Poor little Penny. I hope she's doing better today.

Thanks! I'm so confused you guys! Penny is better, but the swelling hasn't gone down completely. I have a call in to the vet to see what to do. Her face looks wide, like a pit bull's!

2wck1zc.jpg

Poor little girl. Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HersheysMom

Poor Penny! I'm so glad she's better. When you find out what drug it was if you wouldn't mind letting me know - I know you weren't sure at the time, and I am curious. Hugs to your sweet girl.

Guest KRKWMU

I'm so sorry she had a bad reaction like that! I read on Circle of Grey or LymphomaHeartDogs that she's had that chemo drug before...is that right??? It's odd that she would have a reaction now. Let us know what the doctors at Tufts think about it.

Glad to hear that Penny is doing better. She has enough to deal with! ;)