Life Long Incontinence

12 year old Angel has had some naptime incontinence most of her life. It comes and goes. Lately it has been worse. I'm thinking of medication now. I've done diapers-she never wets while wearing one! She's being tested for UTI but most likely it is not. What has been your experience with the 2 drugs I have heard most about-PPA nd DES. I think we tried something years ago but it made her vomit. She has high blood pressure already-being controlled by med. and PPA is known to increase BP. I could just cover everything in plastic. :lol When I usually decide to do something about it is when it goes away for a while. B)

Have you ever tried acupuncture? Don't know if it would help in Angel'w case, but Sugar started peeing on her bed (only at night) when her arthritis and back end problems got so bad last fall. I didn't want to put her on (more) medication as she already takes heart meds (3) thyroid meds (1) pain meds (1) pepcid and glucosamine! I mentioned to her acupuncturist that she was having problems, and she said I'll add some "pee points" :lol It worked! She will still have a bad night now and then if her arthritis flares up, so I keep washable incontinence pads on all the dog beds, but now it's once or twice a month, not once or twice a night! Sugar is also 12.

When they get to that age, I treat them with antibiotics like Clavamox, just because if there is a problem.

Chiropractic helps a lot. I wonder if that is why, so far (knock on wood) none of mine have had urinary incontinece. Sleep turds yes--urine no :lol Acupuncture would help too.

DES can affect platelets and you have to check every so often.

PPA - the side effects can be stroke.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest vahoundlover

Try acupuncture, the holistic vet we use told me she's had success with herbs, I wish I had known that 2 yrs ago.

Dolly died from a toxic reaction to PPA

Guest jbox

I had a dog once on the DES, it worked well for her.

Jackie

12 year old Angel has had some naptime incontinence most of her life. It comes and goes. Lately it has been worse. I'm thinking of medication now. I've done diapers-she never wets while wearing one! She's being tested for UTI but most likely it is not. What has been your experience with the 2 drugs I have heard most about-PPA nd DES. I think we tried something years ago but it made her vomit. She has high blood pressure already-being controlled by med. and PPA is known to increase BP. I could just cover everything in plastic. :lol When I usually decide to do something about it is when it goes away for a while. B)