Happy First Gotcha Day And Birthday Foxy

Guest brandi007

Guest brandi007

Picture045-2.jpg

Today would of been Foxy Promise's first gotcha day and not knowing exactly when he was born in June due to weird Canadian Tattooing, I was going to celebrate his birthday on June 1st which isn't too far away, he would of been 8. I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day to my goofy-grey-faced man and tell him I miss him so much. I wish our time wasn't so short and thinking about you still brings tears to my eyes. I miss him peeing on his legs, I miss him howling when I left the house, I miss his super lean and the fact he never left my side - I miss reaching down and scratching his head against my thigh. I'm so sad he spent more time in Foster care than he did in his forever home.

I still feel a lot of guilt and anger, I'm angry at the vets who took him in and who I felt didn't take his sickness seriously and I feel guilty for not taking him in sooner and leaving him there - he passed about 5 minutes after I left him and I know how upset he used to get when I'd leave the house. I just picture his little sick heart not being able to handle the stress of me leaving him alone. I wish I would of stayed longer with him, I was crying when I left even though they said he would be fine and that I could come get him in the morning.

I miss you so much my Foxy Promise and I'm so, so sorry - I hope he's waiting for me and I hope he can help my parent's dog Misha to the bridge later on in the week. I love you so much, Happy Birthday and Happy First Gotcha day sweety, wish you were here to celebrate it with me...

Guest hamiesmom

I am so sorry. Foxy is such a beautiful boy. Having lost my boy, two weeks ago, I know how you feel. I am still trying to come to grips with it. Hugs to you.

I am so Sorry, I cried when I read this and my heart goes out to you, I lost my baby 10-days after his dental and I never knew it was his last days. Know that he loved you very much and you were a very good mommy, you did not know....

Happy Birthday and Got Cha day at the Bridge, sweet baby.

Edit to add lots of hugs for mommy:

:bighug:bighug:bighug

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest houndstooth4

I'm so sorry, but how lucky he was to have somebody to love him as you did, even though it was for a short time!

:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand your anger & regret but hope your good memories of your beautiful boy outshine your pain. Sometimes we learn terrible lessons so we can be better in the future. I hope that I use what my dear Danny taught me to be a better Mom to Mick.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug I was so glad when you adopted Foxy Promise! I'd been watching him on NCGL's site and wishing I could add him to my family. Please don't blame yourself for anything or try to second-guess what might have been - you loved him and gave him a good home. God bless you!