Sick Grey

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

So the doctor just called and said we are right. He has either a herniated disc or a muscle strain. He has to be on complete bed rest for the next while, no walks or runs. We will look at chiro or acupunture next week when we get the biopsies back from the lab.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paulamariez

I'm keeping Connor in my prayers that they figure out what's going on with your poor sweet boy. Sending lots of love to Connor and Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending him some healing doggie kisses as well!

Guest koolaidnconner

Any one have any home remedies that I could use to make my boy more comfortable? We are probaably going to be dealing with this for a few weeks. I talked to the vet about heat and cold packs and they said as long as I alternate the 2 and no longer than 10 minutes.

Any other suggestions for comfort? The vet also wants to wait about a week before we consider chiro or acupuncture.

Guest Rexation

I would suggest a massage therapist for muscle sprains. Moist heat is better than dry heat. It may be worth your while to consider what your pup is sleeping on. Memory foam mattresses (not mattress toppers) found in Sam's Club or Costco (about $450) are awesome for dogs with orthopedic problems. You can get a twin and cut it in half - you have two amazing dog beds. Something to keep stool loose to prevent straining. Ice cream, steamed chicken breast, ear snitches, belly rubs..... :D Sending lots and lots of positive vibes your way for a speedy recovery.

Guest koolaidnconner

I can't imagine how much pain Conner is in. He cries when going to the bathroom, I go out with him and hub his back, cries now in the house when laying down because of his neck. He just can't get a break right now, and mom well I am beat, tired, don't even want to go to work I am so tired.

Guest koolaidnconner
Where do you live? You can email me at Burpdog@msn.com if you don't want to post it :)

I emailed you Burpdog

Guest koolaidnconner

Oh he is on Morphine....He has been on Morphine since Friday, the vet said he is just in that much pain that if he were off the morphine he would be worse.

He is also on an antiinflammatory called salz something, I cant remember the name

Edited by koolaidnconner

Amanda! This is too much!! Ask Nancy who else he can see. He needs pain relief. I don't know why he has to wait a week for acupuncture.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner

So I got a few phone numbers and a name from my chiro to phone. I also got my camera out to record Conner when he goes outside to show the doc, just in case I am not describing anything properly and show her exactly what I see.

I can get you a chiro and accupuncturist name Amanda.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest koolaidnconner
I can get you a chiro and accupuncturist name Amanda.

That would be great. Do you have to be referred?

Is he on sulfasalizine? It can work wonders or it can make the D worse. (The latter is what it did to me but I know it helps many folks.)

Poor Conner has been on so many meds lately. The morphine should be working. You might want to ask the vet if the dose is high enough. :dunno

Guest koolaidnconner
Is he on sulfasalizine? It can work wonders or it can make the D worse. (The latter is what it did to me but I know it helps many folks.)

Poor Conner has been on so many meds lately. The morphine should be working. You might want to ask the vet if the dose is high enough. :dunno

Yes he is on Sulfasalizine, and she said the morphine was as high as she would recommend for him. He is on 40mg every 6 hours.

Guest koolaidnconner

Here is a small video of him straining. I plan on getting another of him when he cries to show the vet.

Visit My Website

Whoo hoooo....it worked

Edited by koolaidnconner

Poor boy, he doesn't look happy at all. :(

Sending healing thoughts your way!

If you can get into a chiro/acupuncturist, do so! I'm a convert myself and have seen how well it works.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Oh Amanda that video brought tears to my eyes he is in so much pain . Did they ever do x-rays on him ? Just wondering if that would show something ?

When Jeanie had her shoulder injury it was eventually determined to be coming from her spine near her hips that radiated all the way down her spine when she turned her neck she screamed and also when she was pooping . It took awhile for the diagnosis because that's when she ate the comforter stuffing and had emergency surgery .

I hope and pray he starts feeling better soon .

Guest koolaidnconner
Oh Amanda that video brought tears to my eyes he is in so much pain . Did they ever do x-rays on him ? Just wondering if that would show something ?

When Jeanie had her shoulder injury it was eventually determined to be coming from her spine near her hips that radiated all the way down her spine when she turned her neck she screamed and also when she was pooping . It took awhile for the diagnosis because that's when she ate the comforter stuffing and had emergency surgery .

I hope and pray he starts feeling better soon .

No xray yet. The biopsies should be here today, Monday-Tuesday the latest. We are going to see if that comes up with something before I go on. If that comes up with nothing then xray next and Nancy said she will take the video to show other colleges to get other ideas.

You know there is one improvement and that is he can most of the time hold it till I get up and take him out, that just started this week. Before it was making messes all around the house coming out like water. So I am hoping that is a sign something is getting better.