Fitting That Freedom Harness

OK, it came today and so far Murphy P and I are hating it. I've been fiddling with it and it is quite possible that I ordered a size too large. Murphy P was on the cusp between an L and XL.

Note: We are putting Murphy P in a harness *just in case* he has early signs of LP. We want to take any and all stress off his neck. But should he get tangled?

So: on a tall skinny grey who never pulls on leash where should the D ring end up? Behind the shoulder blades? It seems to be working forward. How tight should the velvety bit be? I have it as tight as possible without going down a size. I know it is velvet but I don't want it cutting in behind his elbows.

I just went to the WWW site and they don't have any pics showing it drifting forward.

Oh, and where do you attach the tags? Any advice? Thanks!

Gillian and Murphy P

Catwalk and Pilgrim

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

LOL! The lack of responses convinces me that I bought the wrong size.

Nothing against the Wiggles Wags and Whiskers Freedom Harness, just that Murphy P walked out of/tangled in the too big size . . .

I know I can swap sizes, even if I was in the wrong. Gotta love them!

Gillian

Catwalk, Pilgrim and Murphy P

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Instructions from their site.

You probably already found this, but just in case you missed it. :)

I don't have any experience with this model (just the regular one), but if you've got that much slop, you probably do have the wrong size. Good luck! :)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday! Fletcher wears this harness and is between L and XL. I use the XL for him because he has the "stocky" greyhound build, but if your dog is the lean and rangy type, you would probably do better with the L. The D ring should go just behind the sholders, so that the velvet part is straight up the sides of his body, if that makes sense? The WWW people are very nice about helping you adjust the harness if you call them, but it sounds like you really do need the smaller size :)