Second Trip To The Vet In 1 Week, Different Dog!

Guest Laura76

Guest Laura76

HELP!

First I want to thank everyone for your support last week while I was dealing with my Zoey and her bad teeth ( BTW she is getting better!!)

I came home Thursday from the vet with Zoey after her teeth surgery and my HUGE greyhound Darryl who is almost 10 years old and is 92 pounds was limping around the house and was panting. He gets himself worked up when I don't take him out with me so, when I came home to see him upset I was not too concerned. He gets himself upset sometimes and limps, but gets over it in a day or so. Well, this has now been going on for almost 5 days now and is not getting any better. My husband is taking the day off on Tuesday and bringing Darryl back to Pembroke Animal Hospital where they fixed up Zoey.

I am probably jumping the gun here and am always thinking the worst...But he is showing all the signs of osteoscarcoma. The only thing I don't see if any type of mass or swelling around the joint on his leg. I am also having a hard time telling if it is in his wrist or in his shoulder. He seems like he doesn't want to put any weight on the foot, but I can't tell if his shoulder is bothering him either. He eats and goes outside, but has issues going down the stairs and he pants and paces and is clearly in pain and won't sit still.

If god forbid it is this, what can I expect? I don't think we could afford removing his leg, or the chemo involved. What kind of time am I looking at and what is the pain management? I don't want to even think this could be it, I am just hoping it is arthritis.

Thanks for your help and advice. He is going to the vet Tuesday and hopefully they will know. For all I know it could be lime disease just surfacing, but he is only having issues in one spot.

Thanks again everyone!!

~Laura

:dunno

Laura for sure it can be other things other than osteo. But if he is that much pain for that long is there no chance you can get him seen sooner? My Jack who is 9 was in severe pain with panting, nose dripping, non weight bearing etc and it was a very bad muscle injury in his shoulder. So try not to jump to conclusions yet. But his pain really does need to be addressed no matter what it is. :grouphug and positive thought for you all.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Greytluv

I don't have any answers but am sending healing white light to Darryl.

Like Jack said, don't worry until there is something to worry about.

I agree with the not thinking the worst thing at this stage.

Just sending lots of good wishes :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Laura76

We woke up this morning to him refusing to put ANY weight on it and whining has started. We are bringin him in today at 230 with his vet. I will let you know what they say.

Thanks for your thoughts prayers, I just love him so much, I don't know what to do or think. I hope it is only something as simple as a strained muscle. I can't tell if it is in his ankle, which seems really limp, or if it is in shoulder.

I will let everyone know today.

We'll be thonking of you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Sending many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending prayers and :getwell wishes for your sweet boy. :hope Hope it's nothing serious.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.