Chinghis At The Evet

Guest hannahmom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grey_dreams

Another vote for an abcess that started as a tooth abcess and is now spreading through the gum and into sinus passages. In your other thread ("leaking muzzle") you said that after the swelling came back there was some pus discharge. That's got to be due to an infection, not allergy. Either way the lab tests would have to show increase in white blood cells - I think there's no other way to get fluid buildup leading to swelling. Personally, I would be consulting a different vet at this point as I wouldn't trust their lab results. Hoping sweet Chingus gets some relief soon. :hope:grouphug

Oh no...sending prayers. Please let us know what you find out. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest lotsagreys4me

This is just terrible. I feel so bad..............Did they do test for RMSF ??? My friends dog has it and her face was so swollen her eyes wouldn't open. Just a thought. Hope he is better very very soon.

You really have to look at everything you are using--new bed, new detergent, new food, new treat, etc.

Dogs can have 1mg per # of body weight of benedryl twice a day. Sounds like you are really under on the dose.

I agree about checking his teeth. Sending lots of prayers. I wouldn't let this go on too long :(

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Checking in. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.