Going To The Vet Tomorrow... (kind Of Update)

Guest lauri

Guest lauri

Luckily our vet is open 7 days a week. Miles is not right; the eating on and off is probably not due to food fussiness. I've been keeping an eye on things and last night when I checked his gums they looked a bit pale. His poops HAVE looked dark, but I was thinking it is because they've been frying in the sun during the day. This morning I broke a fresh one open and it's not bloody looking, (I knoe it still needs checking), but it looks as though he's been eating grass and sand.

No dinner last night but took a treat of cheese and peanut butter. He did eat yesterday morning.

With the tummy grumbles, he may have some intestinal issues. He is on Sentinel with interceptor, so most worms are taken care of.

Wish us luck...this boy's not been sick EVER, and he's almost 9.

Edited by lauri

Sending loads of prayers,update when you can.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hope he's just got a minor case of the blahs -- keep us posted!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Adding my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest lauri

Vet didn't find anything significant during the exam. I took in a stool sample and they drew blood; Miles was due for this anyways. She said his gums did not look very pale to her, but she also said if he was excited they could be a bit more flushed.

Until we get results back on the blood and poop, we are to feed him brown rice, cottage cheese and vegetables. She says not even ground beef. Gave us some antacids if needed.

I was worried he'd lost weight; actually gained about 3 lbs.! Probably all the stinkin' sand he's eating... :huh

Hope for just a bit of tummy upset. B)

Oh...he did eat last night and this morning, but went out to eat dirt afterwards.

Edited by lauri

Guest lauri

Hmm...

I was told I could give brown rice, eggs, veggies and cottage cheese for his meals to help settle his stomach, if indeed this was the issue. I gave Miles a pill earlier, as his tummy started to grumble. He ate tonight the food I made him. He seems to be feeling REALLY well now, and so far no grumbles or sand stuck in his teeth which means he hasn't been out after dinner to eat any.

I failed to mention earlier that the vet made a comment about hiow he IS getting up there in age and these things can happen.

We'll see in a couple of days when his results come back.

Thanks so much for everyone's well wishes and advice! B)