Is There Anywhere In So. Cal. That Low Income People Can Take Their Pe

My in-laws have a Chihuahua-Pomeranian mix that is in need of surgery (the in-laws think) for kidney stones. The vet took blood for tests tonight and they're waiting to hear back. The vet won't take payments of any sort and the in-laws live check to check. We can't help much, and we're clear across the country, so I can't really do any research myself, but I was wondering if there's any help for low income pet owners in Southern California? They're in the Palm Springs area, but have family in the Los Angeles area they might be able to stay with so he could get help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Giselle

Could they check with their humane society? Some low-cost spay/neuter clinics may offer some other simple services. Some shelter hospitals also offer services up to radiology and special surgeries for "discounted" prices (but when are vet services ever really discounted in California :P ?).

Palm Springs is in Riverside County and I don't think the Humane Society does much more than a low cost shots, spay and nuter clinic. A lot of vets accept Care Credit; basically a credit card for vet services ... and non insurance covered dental problems, plastic surgery etc. If he doesn't accept payments he may take Care Credit or another vet in the area might.

I'm about 60 miles away and almost every vet in this area accepts it and has the applications in their office or you can apply online.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

My in-laws have a Chihuahua-Pomeranian mix that is in need of surgery (the in-laws think) for kidney stones. The vet took blood for tests tonight and they're waiting to hear back. The vet won't take payments of any sort and the in-laws live check to check. We can't help much, and we're clear across the country, so I can't really do any research myself, but I was wondering if there's any help for low income pet owners in Southern California? They're in the Palm Springs area, but have family in the Los Angeles area they might be able to stay with so he could get help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm in Palm Springs and before the take overs, there would have been help here, but most vets here have been taken over by corp and we all know how they operate. Do you know who their vet is? If you would like, either pm me or email me at cbudshome@aol.com and I'll get them help and I'm more than happy to do it.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm in Palm Springs and before the take overs, there would have been help here, but most vets here have been taken over by corp and we all know how they operate. Do you know who their vet is? If you would like, either pm me or email me at cbudshome@aol.com and I'll get them help and I'm more than happy to do it.

I just sent you a PM with the details as I know them. Bailey is in surgery right now, so good thoughts would be appreciated.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.