Demps Update

Guest HeatherDemps

Guest HeatherDemps

Dempsey had his third chemo treatment down at U of I today. The doctors are really pleased with how he looks and how he is doing. He maintained his weight after the second treatment, which is really great! He's gotten very active over the last week or so and has been running around the house playing with his stuffies again. We go back on April 2 and at that visit, they will do additional blood tests and a chest x-ray. Hopefully, it'll all be good and we can continue with the treatments. I'm nervous about what the chest x-rays could show, but trying not to think too much about it. Most days, I don't even really think about the cancer anymore because Dempsey is back to his usual goofy self. There are even times I forget he only has three legs. :)

The main thing we have left to work on is stairs, and for some reason, I'm really, really scared about these. We are going to England in July, and the dogs usually stay with my parents when we are on vacation. My parents have a bilevel house with wood stairs and stairs out to the backyard. About a month ago, we were there and Dempsey really struggled coming down the stairs inside the house. I'm going to wait a bit for him to recover from today's chemo and then give them a go again... he's getting around much better now so maybe he'll have an easier time with it...

Heather

Good news. Kiss Demps for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Good boy Dempsey :D Keep up the good work!

Where abouts in England will you be in July Heather?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest HeatherDemps
Good boy Dempsey :D Keep up the good work!

Where abouts in England will you be in July Heather?

We'll be there a total of 10 days, I think (MIL has planned the whole thing for the entire family!). We are spending three days in London to start and will then drive down to see Stonehenge and that area. Then we'll start to head north and we're staying overnight somewhere along the way- can't remember where now! We'll end up for the last part of the trip in Durham. We spend one last day in Manchester and fly out of there to come back. My MIL is a retired professor and spent a couple of semesters in Durham, along with my DH and his sister when they were kids, so she wants to take all of us back to see. My husband's niece is studying abroad in Sunderland (I think that's how it's spelled??) and having a blast- raving about everything she has seen and done so far. I'm very excited to be going! :)

Guest snowberry

Fingers crossed for chemo - and I hope he gets more confident with stairs :grouphug

PS Durham is very scenic (on a steep hill though!) but erm... you may find Sunderland somewhat less scenic :unsure

Guest HeatherDemps
Fingers crossed for chemo - and I hope he gets more confident with stairs :grouphug

PS Durham is very scenic (on a steep hill though!) but erm... you may find Sunderland somewhat less scenic :unsure

We aren't going to Sunderland. :) That is just where my DH's niece is at school this semester. Can't wait for some fish and chips!!!! :)

:hope :hope :hope

might help to have a nice harness for him to help him with the stairs...I definitely wouldn't let him try to do them by himself...I'd keep them gated off if possible.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)