Meet Canaan

Guest jhev1

Guest jhev1

Hi all,

Well, here he is, Canaan. After having had Spartacus for almost a year, we have chipped :chip. We just got Canaan Thursday night, he seems to be adjusting well. He’s got some issues, but we’ll work through them. So far the two are indifferent towards each other. I am hoping over time they will grow to enjoy each others company.

Here is Canaan:

Canaan006.jpg

And here is Spartacus:

PICT0002.jpg

He is stunning! And of course, so is the very-indifferent looking Spartacus! ;) Congrats to the whole pack!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest jhev1
He's gorgeous!!! Love the eyes.... :wub:

:chip

P.S. How was the park yesterday?

The park was interesting to say the least. He was not really a big fan, tucked his tail so far under his belly it actually touched his belly when any dog approached him. He kind of just hung out by the gate. I stayed by him most of the time so he would feel reassured. Hopefully that will change after a few visits.

He is absolutley stunning!!!!!! Love the eyes! Congratulations and we wish you all lots of Happiness! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Rexation

He is gorgeous!! But Spartacus looks like he has his nose out of joint. I think the boys need bonding time with some bunny or squirrel chasing.

Congrats on the new baby, he is gorgeous, poor Spartacus has to share his mommy, I have a male that I adoped 1st, looks just like Spartacus and he has that same look many times when I am loving Sara, my girl. Have fun w/the 2, they will learn to like each other!!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Both Spartacus and Canaan are gorgeous!! :offwall:ghplaybow

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest jhev1
He is gorgeous!! But Spartacus looks like he has his nose out of joint. I think the boys need bonding time with some bunny or squirrel chasing.

Funny you should mention that. It looks like Spartacus will no longer be top dog :unsure Canaan appears to be asserting himself as alpha, which of course we wanted our first boy to be. Thanks to all the kind replies. I have a feeling Canaan will be poping up quite frequently on this board, he's very different (behavior speaking) than Spartacus was/is and I'm sure we'll be needing some help from time to time. As a matter of fact, my next stop is a post in the Training/Behavior board!