Hello From The Northwest

Shaysmom

Hello to all from Oregon! I have been enjoying Greytalk anonymously for awhile, and decided it was time to join in. Greyhounds are such unique and wonderful creatures, and there is so much to learn about them. Thank you for all of the great information you have provided in the past months! Our family adopted Seamus (pronounced Shay-mus) almost a year ago, and he is a light of my life. He is a big, soulful, brindle boy who has a mellow, dignified way about him. He does have his moments of fun and goofy, but he is not one to give kisses or try to sit in your lap (every once in awhile he will come up on the couch and lay his head in my lap--a special moment for me!). As serious as he is, he loves his toys, especially a big squishy teddy bear that belonged to my son when he was little. He grabs it in his mouth, runs to his bed, and just shake, shake, shakes it. He especially loves it if you grab it and play a game of tug with him.

Anyway, I am glad to have a greyhound in my life, and happy to meet you all. I hope to foster some greys very soon--when my son leaves the nest and goes away to college this fall? Here is my sweet boy:

100_2630_edited-1.jpg

S.jpg

:wub: Great picture!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Javagirl

Welcome welcome! Glad you finally joined and it's great to have you around. I'm mom to a big, brindle boy myself. So handsome! Great picture. Come back and share more.

Guest GriffinsMom
:welcome To you and Seamus. Love the picture. Poor Seamus is so hard done by...having to lay on TWO beds and his nose still touches the floor. I think at least one more bed it needed for poor Seamus. Looking forward to more pictures of your handsome hound.

:welcome To you and Seamus. Love the picture. Poor Seamus is so hard done by...having to lay on TWO beds and his nose still touches the floor. I think at least one more bed it needed for poor Seamus. Looking forward to more pictures of your handsome hound.

Yes, I was thinking at least one more might do it, although I am sure he would love a "Princess and the Pea" stack :) .

Hello from Boston! Welcome to GT, Seamus. We love your photo.

Thanks! My daughter lived in Boston (Somerville) for two years, and I loved visiting. I am sad she is no longer there.

S.jpg

Welcome! What a fabulous pic!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.