I Don't Know How Much More... (jupp)

Guest siamanti

Guest siamanti

26th February p.m

Dear Greytalk forum,

I am so sorry I keep whining and moaning about my poorly dog but I feel that this is the only way I can deal with this at present. My family live abroad and have quite severe health issues themselves, besides they never quite understood how mad I am about my dogs. Anyway, Jupp has deterioated further since this morning. He can just about stand up but cannot hold his weight when having a poo and one leg has more or less given up service. I have spoken to Mel this lunchtime from work and she is as upset as I am, so I don't want to keep phoning her. I am trying to be strong for my boy and my old Lady Lurcher Siamant but I am just going to bits everytime I am looking at Jupp. He tries to get up and run to me everytime he sees me but just stumbles over. It just breaks my heart and I don't know how much more I can take. I am trying to keep it together at work in the classroom in front of my pupils but looking at my dog at home just kills me. I cannot believe and understand how quickly he is going downhill and all this when his mental behaviour is as silly and goofy as always. I do not want to give up on him, he is only seven for crying out loud but I am not sure I wanna see an active dog like him falling over everytime he tries to be happy. Have other people seen similar deterioation so quickly with their dogs and lumbar problems. He ran ten days ago and now he is becoming almost paralysed.

Siamanti

Edited by siamanti

I don't know how many times our Cullen couldn't get up but invariably when we reduced a medication, he'd get up. I hope this is something to consider for Jupp. Is he on some medication that can cause weakness?

In Cullen's case he was usually getting too much seizure medication. We *really* thought, "oh no, it's over, we have to put him to sleep", but he's still here, even after major hemangiosarcoma surgery 2 weeks ago.

They are tougher than we can believe, but we all really do feel for you. :weep

Marcia

You're not whining...you love your boy and what you're going through is painful. It's heartbreaking. Maybe he is just having a bad day, only you know.I have had them go downhill so fast, and another fooled me and he bounced back.You have a connection with him, so you'll know I think. I wish you the very best and will keep you and Jupp in my prayers. Wishing most, for his comfort.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

loads of prayers. I am so sorry you are going through this. It is soooo stressful when something is wrong with your buddy, and you just want to do what is best for them. Please keep us updated.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Sending prayers for your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.