Asking For Thoughts And Prayers Today For My Jasmine

My little baby girl (greyhound) that was attacked, is supose to get her stitches out today. She was attacked by another dog it was a no-fault of anyone just happened very fast. But she had a 8-in gash on one side and 2-other places on the other side. She spent 5-days in the hospital, I have beeen worried sick, But not her I have had to almost tye her to the crate. But she could use some small prayeers today. We are worried one side looks like it MAY be infected. I tell you my baby girl don't leave my sight for one second, even on the leash, she is my heart dog I love her so much. Thanks for any thoughts and prayers today. :colgate

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Sorry you both had to go through this. What do you mean tie her to the crate???

Prayers for an uneventful stitch removal.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sorry you both had to go through this. What do you mean tie her to the crate???

Prayers for an uneventful stitch removal.

Sorry that was a joke! I would never actually tye her anywhere!!!!!!! NEVER.... But to try to keep her from popping those stitches and keep her away from the other dogs we had to crate her and she wants out of there so bad.......she jumps and etc. She has the energy but to look at her you would be amazed at houw she has that energy.

We also only put her in there when we go out but have snook around and used the web cam and you can see her jumping.....

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

I understand completely.

My Beau was attacked by my Teddy over a KONG and Teddy just missed his jugular. Beau needed surgery and of course stitches. It was a MESS. Within a day or 3 Beau was pretty much Beau, jumping and doing and being a bozo dog. If it were humans, it would take a good 3 months to even feel halfway normal. Dogs are extremely resislient. That's why when a dog is "off", they much really feel like ka ka.

BTW-- why didn't they use stitches that disolved?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Good Questions I think because the wounds were too deep and she had to have tubes put in. Bless her heart and her mommy is a old lady falling a part but we get around great. :lol She is just my BABY and if ANYTHING happens to her, it will kill me, I have other but she is my baby. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg

She will have tons of prayers coming from California. Poor little girl. Hope all goes well and she heals quickly. Please let us know how you make out.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Prayers for Jamine doing well at the vet today.

You have had a really rough time of it lately Darlene. First Bo with his paws, then Sophia with the bladder issue, and now Jasmine. Hope that the rest of the year is a calm one for you.

Carol Ann

Edited to correct spelling!

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sending my prayers and hugs too! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hugs and GENTLE scritches to Jasmine...(and her Mom...).. I bet Jas will be real glad to get those stitches out.... they must ITCH!

She looks like such a sweetie...that face... :rolleyes: looks an awful lot like the face that makes me smile every day.

Linda & Minty

Guest greybookends

I just how you feel. My Bill also has stitches from an attack. It to is a no ones at fault attack. Sometimes they just happen out of the blue.That doesn't mean it hurts any less. I hope your sweet girl heals up quickly and is back to narmal in no time flat. I will say a prayer for her healing.

:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Bad news the stitches could not come out and it has been 2-weeks, vet says 1-more week. :unsure

darlenesiggy2.jpg

I know you were hoping they would come out today, but maybe it's not bad news. As long as she is comfortable, that's what counts. You sure have been through a lot lately. I remember you posting about Sophie, and we both know that's a problem!! I hope Jasmine stays comfortable, I'll keep her in my prayers for sure.It's always something isin't it..

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Disappointing but not a big deal. I've had them left in longer sometimes, too. Hugs and hopes she gets them out before they itch too bad!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.