Update On Otis Update #19

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest houndlover

Poor Otis! It is so awful to see your baby not feeling well and then to have to clean up a mess on top of that is frustrating. Daisy has a very, very sensitive stomach and when she had to go on antibiotics I gave her pepcid daily and there was also a prescription food that they put her on for sensitive stomachs. It was Science diet I/D. Although I don't like Science Diet it was fine for short term use and did help Daisy. Hope your boy is feeling better soon. :grouphug

Try adding acidophilus supplements twice daily while he's on the antibios (can pick them up at any health food store, and many regular grocery stores near the vitamins & such). It will help re-establish the "good" bacteria in his digestive system, and help alleviate the tummy upset.

It sucks when you feel so helpless. :sad1 Hang in there, and know you're doing what you can for your beloved boy.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest LolasMom

Poor baby and poor momma too. :grouphug It's such a helpless feeling when they're not themselves.

Awwww Roo, you work your magic on Otis, sweetheart. :heart

Lots of prayers that your boy feels better very soon.

Guest GiJenn51

Good girl nurse Roo. I didn't see it, but try some yogurt unflavored stuff. Fabulous live cultures and it is something new to eat! I hope you find out what is going on with Otis.

Did you ask the vet what other antibiotic would work?

I wouldn't put him back on cipro - there are lots of other antibiotics that may help. I'd get an alternative from the vet & start that as soon as he seems recovered from his "outburst". :( If you can get acidophilus in pill form (usually found in health food stores), that will deliver more good bugs faster than just yogurt.

Thinking many good thoughts for you & Otis.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis