Bernie's Limping

Guest jenmm

This morning Bernie started limping and he's avoiding using his right front leg. It doesn't appear swelled or anything. He even groans when he lays down. I don't know what to do for him - any suggestions????

It isn't icy outside - it's 41 degrees and all our snow is melted. The carpets weren't messed up so I don't think he slid on my new kitchen floor.

If he just started limping today you may want to watch him very close and see how he does over the next couple of hours in hopes that he has just pulled a muscle or something simple. However if he continues to appear painful I would take him in to be checked. Sending my best wishes and prayers for Bernie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest MnMDogs

Matty started limping on her right front on Super Bowl Sunday. She would scream in pain, hold it up and/or straight out and was all around pathetic. Needless to say, we were pretty scared but watched her for a couple days. It seemed to get a little better, but persisted after a few days and we brought her in for Xrays.

I'm thankful it is simply arthritis in my big girl, and I hope it's something equally benign in your Bernie. It's terrible, but even after the diagnosis, I'm still paranoid about it, as I keep thinking of all the hounds who suddenly develop a limp and are diagnosed with osteo.

I have a 3 day rule for limping. If, after 3 days the limp is still present, for piece of mind we go to the vet. I make the appointment the day the limp starts for 3 days out and I will cancel if necessary.

More times than not, it's just a "limp".

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am paranoid with limps. I take them to the vet. If they can find nothing without x-rays I take x-rays. Then repeat the x-rays in 2-4 weeks to see if there is a change.

I'm really paranoid. I start them on cancer herbs.

Praying for another reason for the limp.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

He's alright. He must've pulled a muscle or something. He kept limping and I kept trying to call the vets office and couldn't get through. Well then, he ran outside with the other dogs. He came back in and hugged me. He must've felt a lot better.

Thanks.