Laundry List Of Medical And Behavioral Issues (sorry, It's Long&#3

Guest HighMaintenance

Guest HighMaintenance

Hi everyone. Just wanted to provide an update and really just get everything off my chest. I found a wonderful local vet that has been seeing greyhounds since they came into the area. He is fantastic, calls me all the time to talk about my boy and he is trying different things to figure out the cause of his seizures. He's lowered his KBr dose and we eventually are going to wean him off of it since he's been seizure free since October (again, he's only ever had 2 seizures). Anyway, he's at the vet's office today - getting a dental - when I first brought him to this new vet he throughly looked at his teeth and gums and he said they're in much need of a cleaning and that the gums are starting to recess and that's probably why my grey isn't letting me brush his teeth - b/c they hurt! While he's under, they are going to do an EKG and a couple x-rays of his brain to see if it picks up any abnormalities. Again, something my last vet never even would hear of (doing an x-ray). It broke my heart to leave him there this morning. He must have sensed my worry and started to shake. I was in tears leaving the office, but I know he's in the best hands in the area. Thanks for listening. :blush

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HighMaintenance

Thanks! Just got a call from the vet - the EKG looked normal. His teeth are much improved now and he didn't need any extractions. But, the x-ray machine is down, so I need to reschedule (he'll only charge me for the xray, not the anesthesia when I come back in). I'll call at 2 pm to schedule a pick up time. Thank you very much!

Guest Cris_M

Sounds like your new vet is a jewel -- one you well deserve. I hope things work out for both you and your pupper.

Guest HighMaintenance
Sounds like your new vet is a jewel -- one you well deserve. I hope things work out for both you and your pupper.

Thank you so very much...I pick up my boy in two hours!!!