Our Andy---liver Problems?

SAVED2

update as of today. I took a urine sample in this morning and Andy does not have a UTI , But he has to go back in the morning for a liver test. it seems that his bilrubin is "off the chart" and something else too. but I dont remember what the vet said. but that was just in the urine test.

so now they want to do a liver test. my understand is that in greyhounds their bilrubin runs on the high side anyway. but the question is. how high is to high? anyone have any ideas on this? thanks for your help again! sharon

PERFECT---blood tests come back perfect---Thank you LORD for answered prayers.

Edited by SAVED2

Oh no.... :( Can't help you with the bilirubin question, but know that Milk Thistle can be a helpful supplement for liver problems. Keeping Andy in my prayers... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Urine analysis

Maybe Dr. Feeman will see your post.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest KennelMom

From Dr. Stack's site: http://greythealth.com/blood.htm

Urinalysis

And lastly, the good news - greyhound urinalysis is the same as other breeds. It is normal for males to have small to moderate amounts of bilirubin in the urine.

That's the only mention of bilirubin in greyhounds. There are some other things she lists as being different in greys than other breeds. I would think running bloodwork would be the next step. With our boy Caesar, they found some elevated liver values on routine bloodwork, so he went back in for some more bloodwork. After that came back elevated we did an ultrasound which was inconclusive. He was on meds for a while along w/a special diet and he bloodwork came back normal on follow up blood test.

Sending prayers. We have Cody Angelo on Sam-E for his liver problems. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Not to burst your bubble, but did they do a liver function test as well as the liver enzymes (which are the normal test done).

I ask because my Topaz had normal liver enzymes all her short life. But when we did the liver function tests (and you would know it because you do one blood draw pre-food and another 2 hours post food.)

Those values were so far off the charts they couldn't find them. (she went to the Bridge 4 weeks later)

I sure hope you did and they were fine.