Otis Has A Big Problem

Guest WarmheartedPups

Oh, Linda!!!

Poor Otis. I've never heard of anything like that. I'm so sorry. I know how many tests you've ALREADY done, and that EVERYTHING tested normal.

Please let me know what happens.

Susan

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Oh my, not heard of that before... glad to hear he's doing better, please keep us posted! Sending hugs. :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest WarmheartedPups
How is our handsome boy today??

He is normal. I dropped off a UA and I am heading out to get him re ultrasounded ...in about thirty minutes.

I just dont think whatever is wrong with Otis is going to be easy to find....so far no luck.

Thank you so much for thinking of him!!

Guest tarzanmom

Linda,

We're glad to hear Otis is doing better. Tarzan's crossing his paws for his buddy...Tarzan thinks Otis might need an extra get well treat at the M&G Sunday, if he can make it. Otherwise, Tarzan will be happy to take one for the team and eat the extra treat....oh, how selfless of him...LOL! We're wishing you, Otis, and Roo, a greyt week.

Sandi

Alex goes through something very similar once or twice a year. When it happens, we always panic and have a bunch of tests run and everything always comes back normal. He is 11.5 and this has been going on since he was 2. One time it happened after he consumed some bananas and his urine PH was off so we thought that could have caused the enormous amount of urine that leaked everywhere. However, the next time it happened his PH was just fine. When he does this, it only lasts for 24-48 hours and then doesn't happen again for a long time so we have just decided it is a freak thing for him. Sure hope Otis is feeling better soon and that his is just a freak thing too that goes away quickly on its own.

Otis is normal this a.m. ....the flood has turned off. No dripping....no uncontrollable streams of urine.

I was able to speak with the Vet last night that performed Oatys Ultrasound ( he is a good friend of a girlfriend of mine and he was kind enough to call and just chat with me.)

He said I could bring Otis in on Monday and he would redo his Ultrasound for me....to check and see if any crystals had developed. Interestingly enough, the antibiotic he was on has a side effect of crystal formation!

He told me it is usually females that are incontinent. He has a few suggestions more holistic than traditional that we will discuss on Monday. I will also call my Vet on Monday and report.

Keep your fingers crossed for Oaty boy.

I've not had this problem with my boys but Stel, my first female (and man, was I a total novice with her!), about three months after I adopted her, was almost totally incontinent. She went through lots of tests, ultrasounds, etc. with no conclusive results other than a bit of a potassium deficiency for which she takes medicine daily. I kind of took over then and started doing a lot of research....go to www.herbal-dogkeeping.com.au. It's Robert McDowell's site. He is very knowledgeable about racing greyhounds and I talked to him several times about Stella. He has several incontinence products and worked with me to come up with the right one for her. I guess I had her on those drops for a year or so and now she has no problems. I've stopped now and she is still doing fine. I should probably also add that I don't crate her and have a dog door but she is my slug....she can sleep for HOURS at a time with no wetting. That never would have happened before. I'd make sure there really was no medical issues with Otis and if there are none, I'd definately look into a holistic course.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest WarmheartedPups
Good morning, Otis. :wub::wub:

I hope you and your mom had a nice dry night and you're feeling fit as a fiddle today.

Unfortunately no dry day yesterday, Otis had accidents yesterday...not like Saturday with uncontrollable incontinence ..but the run of the mill accidents.

I am going to try another Vet. Mine is not getting creative enough.

So we will bumble through until we can get to our new Vet appt on the 16th.

If someone could just say.....he's old....just cant hold it......nothing to do......I could deal with that. but in my gut, I really think there is something wrong...cause he can go for 10 days without an accident...generally its three or four days.

I would give a lot to have one of those nanny cameras...so I could actually see what happens. Maybe Roo whips him into a frenzy....you know those brood mama's!!!

Just keep us in your thoughts! Thank you for your concern.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sending lots of good thoughts for the handsome Otis. Hang in there until you get some answers. You have good instincts, so if you think something's wrong, I say it's definitely worth checking into. :grouphug :grouphug