Hi From Ny

Guest celticfairiemom

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest celticfairiemom

I live in Middlehope off of 9W (closer to the NB Bridge).. )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in Dover Plains!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in East Fishkill - right smack dab between you two!!

I live in Middlehope off of 9W (closer to the NB Bridge).. )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in Dover Plains!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in East Fishkill - right smack dab between you two!!

Oh.. :rolleyes: Can I start singing now??? "It's a small world after all..............."

So.......

I'm about 4 miles east of the bridge........ (I can wave when I go to the Beacon Barkery and have to pass the bridge to get there!)

Okay..Now Dover Plains..I sorta know where it is.... kinda...sorta..it's thataway...toward Conn... right?

And East Fishkill... DUH..that's an easy for me. 'Cause the dogpark that we've never used :blush (we've gone and looked!) but every time there were bratty looking dogs/people there :angry: AND that's only few miles from me... I'm near the Wappinger/Fishkill town line.

Tomorrow is Wednesday! It's going to be Silver's adoption day!!!!

There is another GTer in Fishkill Plains, Paul Lepkowski "plepkowski"

I will try to do another GT BBQ up this summer. Had one years ago and I would like to do it again :)

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest celticfairiemom

I am minutes from fishkill plains. and about 5 miles from the dog park. i am so glad to know there are so many friends close by for Callie!!!!

Guest Greylove2

Hi and Welcome from Front Royal, VA. and a big hello to any fellow NYers...grew up in Buffalo NY, still have family in upstate. Get back there now and again to visit. Linda ....mom to Phoebe, Sydney and Ruben

Welcome from Maryland!!

OK... so it's Wednesday!! So where are the PIX?!?!?!??!! :rules

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest celticfairiemom

I have to read more about how to link them or put them in - I messed up the avatar and my signature one - mostly because I am on a mac for the first time ever (christmas gift from dh) and I've never been a part of a forum so - I'm looking into it.

Callie settled in beautifully and has even been pooping outside <LOL> and no accidents. WE have seen her roach and we've seen the tongue! <sigh> I'm in love.

:colgate:colgate Sounds like a good first day and nite for Callie! WOW..roaching, already. My Minty does "do" roach... :blush; we joke that she thinks "unladylike" or something. Though, like Callie, we see a lot of her tongue..it's often slipping out of the side of the mouth.

I haven't the photo thing yet either... one of these days I will!

Did Callie sleep well last night?

Guest celticfairiemom

Callie slept really well. She slid right off her bed, out of her sweatshirt and onto the floor - all without waking up. Dh and I were dying laughing - but quietly, so we didn't wake her. She woke with me at 6:30 and went out at 7 for her first walk. I know this is the calm before the storm but she is making this too easy!

Guest pbailey1

Hey Laurie - glad to see you found the place :colgate

It was Madeara who introduced me to GT. (see posts up above)

Thanks for sending me the pictures - she's gorgeous!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Don't worry, as soon as Callie settles down I'm sure she'll do something like eat the TV remote (not that Secret would know anything about THAT :lol )

Word gets around regarding GT doesn't it! I think the hounds need to get together. I don't know about you guys but I like to bring my dogs to different places. That is what is so great about greyhounds, they fit in and are nicely behaved anywhere you take them. And when other dogs visit it is like they were always together :)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest pbailey1

I'm so glad you stopped by that day and introduced me to the world that is GT! Thought I'd return the favor by sharing this wonderful site with Laurie.

We'll have to get the "kids" together sometime :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest celticfairiemom

I'm in Fishkill Plains near the VanWyck middle school. Give me a ring or stop by, I'm in the phone book.

Paul Lepkowski

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Paul, we live just past Brown Road, going down the road from Fishkill Plains. Have you checked out the rail trail yet? I see parts of it are paved. If we ever get nice weather again I'm heading up that way with Callie.

I'm in Fishkill Plains near the VanWyck middle school. Give me a ring or stop by, I'm in the phone book.

Paul Lepkowski

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Paul, we live just past Brown Road, going down the road from Fishkill Plains. Have you checked out the rail trail yet? I see parts of it are paved. If we ever get nice weather again I'm heading up that way with Callie.

I use Brown Road to get down to the New Hamburg station whenever the high school has Myers Corners backed up.

The pavement and gravel on the rail trail will not be good for Callie's feet. She'll wind up walking in the grass. Like I said give me a ring, I'm in the phone book.

Paul

Paul with Bill & Elmo & angel Happy

in the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY

Guest celticfairiemom

If you guys do a weekend walk let me know we would come over and walk. Also do you do Meet and Greets? We still head back to NJ to do them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that sounds greyt!! I have been told the rail trail section up by me is completely paved, but I'm going to check it alone before I bring Callie. We did walk the rec. field but was less than thrilled with that. We also walked by the airport at the ball field. Since she still has her stitches from her spaying we couldn't let her run in the ball field but it is completely fenced.

Guest celticfairiemom

Do you have a fenced in yard? If not you can always use our yard. Not huge but fenced!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not fenced - yet! the pool area is fenced but there is no grass and don't want her pads getting messed up. Dhand I are toying with the idea of fencing a part of the yard in. Thank you for the offer we'll have to get together with the greys.