Hello From Florida!

Guest Latch

Hi! My DH and I just adopted our first greyhound on Dec. 1st (he was our anniversary/Christmas present). It has been an adventure for sure! We love him to death and things are going great for the most part (besides a pesky tail that won't heal and the endless wiping up blood in the house!) Here are the details about our new baby:

His name is Latch (racing name Rapido Latch) and he will be 4 years old on January 21st. I believe he raced quite a few races before retiring in September 2007. He has the softest coat you have ever felt and he is a very friendly boy. When we went to get him, he was the one who was jumping all over you and so excited to see people! I was afraid he might be too much for me to handle (energy level) but he has been wonderful! He no longer pulls on his leash when walking and we are working on the jumping on new people thing :P

I will have to post pictures later - I tried, but it says that "dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed" What does this mean??

I look forward to sharing stories - I love this forum already :colgate

Hey!!

Your dog is my dog's half brother!

Of course their sire, Oshkosh Slammer, produced over 5,000 pups--

There are a few other Slammer pups here on Greytalk including Vinny of "FrostyBottoms."

Welcome!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest crazy4greys

Hi & Welcome! Can't wait to see your boy.

Here is a way to help Latch's tail

Use a pink hair roller bought at any drug store and cut it length wise like a hot dog bun.

Put on some neosporin and insert the tail and leave space at the end so the tail it not right at the end.

Wrap it up with elastikon or another type of sticky bandage and leave covered for 3-4 days, then change.

Keep doing this until the tail is all healed.

Good luck!

Hi & Welcome! Can't wait to see your boy.

Here is a way to help Latch's tail

Use a pink hair roller bought at any drug store and cut it length wise like a hot dog bun.

Put on some neosporin and insert the tail and leave space at the end so the tail it not right at the end.

Wrap it up with elastikon or another type of sticky bandage and leave covered for 3-4 days, then change.

Keep doing this until the tail is all healed.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice - I will try that!

Edited by Latch

Hey!!

Your dog is my dog's half brother!

That is so neat! I was looking for his littermates, and I believe some of them have been adopted. I think there is one female who is either still racing or breeding. One of his littermates Rapido Latesha has my name - it's just spelled differently! :lol

Hello and welcome from South Carolina!!!!! Your boy was a real winner!!!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Welcome from Maine! :welcome Congratulations on your new hound Latch! :yay :yay :yay Can't wait to see pictures!!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.