Vet Appointment Today For

Guest TBSFlame

Guest TBSFlame

Beecher's liver values looked good. He was hurting again last night and I gave him another Tramadol before he settled down. He changed beds several times last night, I guess he is having trouble getting comfortable. Vet put him on Tramadol 3x per day. I sure hope we get his pain under control. I don't think we have much more time together and I pray he will be pain free for a while.

Tessie's breathing has been getting worse these last several months. I was concerned it was her lungs or heart but the vet thinks it is Laryngeal Paralysis. She gets so upset and stressed when she has to go to the vets so she was making a lot of noise. I assured him she was not that bad at home. I had already put her on lifestyle changes. Because of the way she acts at the vets I am leaning againist surgery. I think it would be way to stressful for her. She is really makes a lot of noise when she is sleeping. Poor Tessie. I will try to keep her calm. It took her several hours to calm down and stop breathing hard after her visit this morning. She needs a dental, but I am not going to do it. I will just have to start brushing her teeth everyday.

When it rains it pours.

The LP dog I had did very well with the dental--they are tubed so they can breathe pretty good and valium keeps them loopy enough not to be distressed.

Many vets underdose with tramadol. As I've said before, Ivey was on 100mg every 4 hours the last week. If I had to do over again, I'd try to cut down a little on the tramadol and add morphine.

Sending prayers!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Although you are leaning against surgery for Tessie, I did want to give support in case you need to go for it.

My Onyx who is now 12 had the surgery last year. She's doing absolutely terrific. No breathing problems at all. Still runs around the back yard.

The only thing that we do different now is no more crunchy crumbly stuff. Everything gets soaked.

So..........just in case.

MP and the 4 pack.

Sending prayers for Beecher and Tessie. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg