Candle Lighting Tonight At 10 Pm

Guest BlueCrab

Guest BlueCrab

this was forwarded from a friend on the occasion of Duke's loss. I didn't know about it but I'll be lighting a candle tonight as well for all the lost houndies and everyone waiting at the bridge...

"Monday night ... the worldwide, weekly Candle Lighting Ceremony takes place at 10pm. You can look it up on the Rainbow Bridge memorial site. http://www.petloss.com/ Keep scrolling down till you come to the link for the candle service."

:grouphug

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Thanks for the notice. I want to participate tonight but read the notice just after I finished my make up for Church - I need to go touch up now...

boy, sometimes it just catches you off guard...

Missing Tapsy...

Guest TriciasZoo

I will be lighting a candle for Peatie, and also for the first grey "I" lost, even though she wasn't mine, my "niece" Miss Nellie. Oh how I wish I could bury my face in both of their coats right now, as I sit home alone, contemplating the year.

I will be lighting a candle for Peatie, and also for the first grey "I" lost, even though she wasn't mine, my "niece" Miss Nellie. Oh how I wish I could bury my face in both of their coats right now, as I sit home alone, contemplating the year.

:grouphug

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest coastersbysteve

Will do...

:candle

For Barbie Jade...

From TigerPower's brother Jazz.

and another for all of the hounds we have lost too soon...

:candle

-Steve & Jazz

I've been thinking of Cleo so much today. This is the first Christmas without her.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

:grouphug:f_pink:bighug:f_pink:grouphug

For everyone who has lost a family member today, this year, or ever.

For my CoCo who would be 18 on Friday. She made it to 14 1/2; I hope I didn't keep her here too long.

For my mom in a nursing home--dementia is a Bitc@$ . We've had a few good days lately--that was my Christmas Wish fulfilled.

For everyone nursing an ailing pup or human family member. You have my support, my sympathy....

To everyone here, Happy Holidays, the days are already starting to get longer, Spring will be here soon.

Love to all,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest BlueCrab

This is a bit of a sobber as well as a hijack, but I'm going to add it anyway.

DH and I went to Christmas eve mass with my mother as we usually do. At church, we sat next to Kate's mom. Kate was one of my absolute dearest friends. We went thru grade school and high school together. We remained friends thru college, when she'd come home and we'd pick up stix just like we'd never parted. After college we drifted to different parts of the world and different directions of our lives, but still remained close. Kate left us in 2006 to an aortic aneurysm. Her companion heard her fall while getting ready for work, went to see what happened, she was gone. Like that. No one got to say goodbye. But I think of her all the time.

And I think of her mom. Alone now. Her spouse (I won't say "DH", but that's another story altogether) taken by cancer many years ago; son taken due to tragic circumstances under which no one got to say goodbye, and last year, Kate.

So Christmas mass was a bittersweet occasion. But I came home, poured a glass of wine, cuddled my furry kids and lit my candle...for all my friends at the bridge and my good friend Kate who never had kids of her own but I'm sure is watching over my furry ones. She was like that.