Introducing Bam Bam!

mimosasmom

Today we picked up our new "foster" boy, Bam Bam (racing name Deco Barnett). He was a B&J Racer that broke his hock and retired. He turned 2 on November 11th. He met his new sisters, Mimosa and Mimi today and he REALLY likes Mimi, and not in a sisterly way! He was just neutered on Tuesday, so things have been very interesting around here! DD, Allison, age 8, got a lesson in Dog Breeding 101 today. Hopefully those hormones will disappear soon and they can get along like siblings.

I was worried how he would be with the cats (I have 3 boys), but they are all pretty fearless around dogs and walked right up to him. We had him muzzled for about an hour around them, but he showed no cat-eating tendencies, so that part is great!

Here he is at the farm

Bam_Bam_035.jpg

He's a leaner

Bam_Bam_036.jpg

The first walk with all 3. Mimi on left, Bam Bam in middle, Mimosa on right. He makes the girls look so small, and Mimi is a big girl at 72 pounds!

Bam_Bam_043.jpg

Hi Mama Caffie! I'm home!

Bam_Bam_047.jpg

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

He's a gorgeous boy! :wub: Is this a "foster" with intent? :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

He's a gorgeous boy! :wub: Is this a "foster" with intent? :)

Yep. We wanted to make sure he wasn't a cat eater, and also to make sure he fit in with the girls. I wasn't looking for the type of fit that he had in mind! Right now, Mimi is NOT a happy camper. She is very routine and her applecart is definitely upset. Mimosa is doing fine, except for when he came over to investigate HIS new bed that she was sleeping in!

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Welcome home Bam Bam!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest wmlcml6

Bam Bam got his nickname from his trainer -- for his tendency to "bam" into other dogs during a race. However, he didn't do it in official racing that I recall, just training. He's a super sweet boy, a leaner as Camille mentioned, and I think he's a "hottie". Just look at those eyes!

Camille has been smitten with Bam Bam since Jenn posted pics of him one day when he was laying in a sunbeam while we changed his bandaging. I wasn't sure her "crush" would mean he would be her and her DH's Christmas present, but I'm not complaining one bit. I'm thrilled for our boy.