The World Lost A Great Horse Today

Guest ImAKoala

Guest ImAKoala

Snow was one of the best horses I ever met. He belongs to my friend Richelle, but I rode him whenever I needed a steady horse for the trails or anything else. The vet thinks that Snow was anywhere from late 20's to mid 30's. He was a very old man, but incredibly happy. The last couple of years, he started having some trouble with mild colics in the winter time. He went peacefully though. They found him laying in his pasture, no signs of any thrashing or suffering. Thank goodness, such a gentle horse deserved a gentle death.

Two years ago, Richelle and her family went out of town in November for a week. They asked me to look after Snow, and then he coliced while they were gone. I was so upset, but I had the vet out and she stayed all night long. Snow finally pulled through. Here are some photos of Snow, after his colic, and some from me riding him in a happier time. Rest in Peace, Snowman....I love you!

Snowaftercolic004.jpg

Snowaftercolic001.jpg

FtSteilacoomTrailride009.jpg

FtSteilacoomTrailride008.jpg

I love this last one, I swear he is smiliing....he loved the trails!

~Misty

God love him....he looked like an awesome old boy (that knew how to smile!). Older horses like Snow tend to bow out gracefully...the way it should be. Please let your friend know I'm thinking of her.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

The heavens are graced once more. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I love that last picture, HE DOES LOOK LIKE HE'S SMILING!!!

I love arabians...they're so delicate looking, but so tough!

I'll bet Snowman is running in the clouds with that beautiful white tail straight up, "flagging" in the wind! :f_white

He looks so much like my old arab cross that I lost to colic when I was younger. :( We had to haul Amaretto to Mississippi State when she coliced one night, but she never made it home. It's hard to believe how everything seems fine one day and then they're gone the next.

Just today I went over to my mom's house to get all of my old horse stuff out of her house and into mine. I found Amaretto's trunk of stuff. When she went to Mississippi State, they braided and cut her tail hair and forelock and sent it back to us in a box. I found the box today. :(

I feel for you.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh