Otis And Roo Are Both Having Med Problems

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

Otis has been peeing in the house again.......took him in for a UA today....as he had a UTI two months ago.

Today they found blood in his urine. We are waiting for the culture and then will do an xray

to look for stones or prostate problems.

His body has changed this last year....his tummy is sagging and his hind leg muscles are atrophying.

I am anxious for him.

Roo, who had cutaneous Hemangiosarcoma earlier this year (amongst other things) .....started limping today...doesnt want to bear weight on her right front leg....then I noticed on her upper rib area, side of belly, this large reddish bruise like thing. Its about the size of a small pancake. ??? She hasn't fallen or anything.

I dont think I have gone more than two months without taking one of the other of my pups into the Vet.

I was hoping for a break this month....mentally and financially.....no such luck.

I am trying to be "one day at a time" about this....but tears are in my eyes...actually quietly rolling down my face. I am just tired....and tired of worrying.

Please think good thoughts for both my buddies.

Does anyone know how much Ultrasounds vs xrays cost?

Linda

Edited by WarmheartedPups

Guest Tenderhearts

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I have all the paperwork from when Skittle was at the 24 hour facility and I know the ultrasound and xrays are listed, but I have no idea where it is at :(

I'm thinking the ultrasound was somewhere around $150?

I'm sorry it's hitting all at once.

Prayers for both pups! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Guest WarmheartedPups
Sorry Linda

Are you going to Dr Barr?

No idea on prices but he's the best

Dr. Barr is so far away...well you know that...but with the frequency I have been going to the vets....it isn't an option. I know I would go there if it got to a point where I needed a second opinion or got an iffy diagnosis.

I don't know how much you may have to spend, but I feel your pain and hope that you get some kind of a break. I have been where you are and know what it's like to have this kind of worry. Please know that you have friends who care. Lots of hugs and prayers are being sent to you. Please keep us updated on what is happening.

then I noticed on her upper rib area, side of belly, this large reddish bruise like thing. Its about the size of a small pancake. ??? She hasn't fallen or anything.

Does it hurt Roo if you touch her on that side? Is her side swollen at all? If it gets noticeably larger might want to hightail it to the vet. Hope you and your pups are in better shape soon. :grouphug

Guest WarmheartedPups
then I noticed on her upper rib area, side of belly, this large reddish bruise like thing. Its about the size of a small pancake. ??? She hasn't fallen or anything.

Does it hurt Roo if you touch her on that side? Is her side swollen at all? If it gets noticeably larger might want to hightail it to the vet. Hope you and your pups are in better shape soon. :grouphug

No, it doesnt hurt her at all. Its not swollen....its just this large blob of discoloration.....like a bruise....its not anything that is actively bleeding.....I am not even sure its a bruise. :unsure

abbey had a patch like that last week after a tooth extraction gone wrong. we never did figure out what it was - a bruise or a rash or a burn. let me know if your vet has any idea. keep up the positive thoughts - we all know how hard it is.

Guest wmlcml6

Can you take a pic of Mama Roo's spot? It does sound like a bruise from your description. She could have just bumped into something when you weren't looking and maybe at the same time tweaked her leg or ankle. Arnica gel is fantastic for reducing bruising, which I experienced firsthand when Player had pretty much full body bruising from a fall while racing.

Fingers crossed that both Otis and Roo will be fine soon, and that your pocket book gets a much needed break.

Sending my many prayers. Angel LaceyLaine's last ultrasound was $350.00. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

That looks scary to me. :(

Ultrasound prices will vary, depending on whether they decide to do a needle biopsy of anything suspicious-looking. The ultrasounds I've had done ranged from about $350 to $550. Xrays I've had done are around $75-$95 per view (and they *always* need more than one view. <_< ).

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

It looks like she fell or whacked into something. I will hope that's all it is and that her soreness goes AWAY!!!!!

Here you can kinda sneak an ultrasound of the bladder area in with the cystocentesis 'cause they use the ultrasound to guide the needle. $70 all-inclusive, with culture and sensitivity. If you do the ultrasound separate it might be another $80-$120????? X-ray is I think $35 setup fee and then $35 per picture. But that's here and you're there. :(

I know how you feel. I don't even ask the vet "how much?" any more, I just close my eyes and hand over the credit card. LOL

Hope both puppers have minor, easy things that can be fixed before YOUR credit card faints dead away.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest WarmheartedPups
It looks like she fell or whacked into something. I will hope that's all it is and that her soreness goes AWAY!!!!!

Here you can kinda sneak an ultrasound of the bladder area in with the cystocentesis 'cause they use the ultrasound to guide the needle. $70 all-inclusive, with culture and sensitivity. If you do the ultrasound separate it might be another $80-$120????? X-ray is I think $35 setup fee and then $35 per picture. But that's here and you're there. :(

I know how you feel. I don't even ask the vet "how much?" any more, I just close my eyes and hand over the credit card. LOL

Hope both puppers have minor, easy things that can be fixed before YOUR credit card faints dead away.

We must be so expensive here. Last year I had 2 view abdominal x=ray for Otis and it ws $225.00

The Cystocentesis or cath, UA and culture is $140.00 each time. I am thinking the Ultrasound would

be 500.00.....I am guessing.

Really,,,,,I dont care...like you said...close my eyes and say charge it....I just want them to be well.

Edited by WarmheartedPups

Yikes! If the weather weren't so nasty it would be almost worth it for you to drive on down here!

Sending many many many hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending lots of prayers. I know what you are going thru. Two at once makes it very hard :(

Price the ultrasound. I've had them done cheaper at a radiologist's office than a regular vet!

I would do the ultrasound instead of xrays. If the xrays don't show anything, you will have to do the ultrasound anyway.

I would get the platelets checked on Roo asap.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Feel better soon guys! I hope you can get some (inexpensive) answers soon!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest WarmheartedPups
Sending lots of prayers. I know what you are going thru. Two at once makes it very hard :(

Price the ultrasound. I've had them done cheaper at a radiologist's office than a regular vet!

I would do the ultrasound instead of xrays. If the xrays don't show anything, you will have to do the ultrasound anyway.

I would get the platelets checked on Roo asap.

I was thinking the same thing about going right to the Ultrasound.

and...yes...Roo....... :(

Guest GiJenn51

It looks almost like a gravity "bruise" I am with Diane--- it could be many things, but if she bumped herself-- I wonder what her clotting factor is.

Sending you tons and tons of prayers!!!

Guest greytful4
Otis has been peeing in the house again.......took him in for a UA today....as he had a UTI two months ago.

Today they found blood in his urine. We are waiting for the culture and then will do an xray

to look for stones or prostate problems.

His body has changed this last year....his tummy is sagging and his hind leg muscles are atrophying.

I am anxious for him.

Roo, who had cutaneous Hemangiosarcoma earlier this year (amongst other things) .....started limping today...doesnt want to bear weight on her right front leg....then I noticed on her upper rib area, side of belly, this large reddish bruise like thing. Its about the size of a small pancake. ??? She hasn't fallen or anything.

I dont think I have gone more than two months without taking one of the other of my pups into the Vet.

I was hoping for a break this month....mentally and financially.....no such luck.

I am trying to be "one day at a time" about this....but tears are in my eyes...actually quietly rolling down my face. I am just tired....and tired of worrying.

Please think good thoughts for both my buddies.

Does anyone know how much Ultrasounds vs xrays cost?

Linda

Oh Linda, I had NO IDEA you were having such a rough time with your babies! Praying they both will get better soon! :grouphug