Which 1st? Acupuncture Or Chiropractor?

RobinM

Now that we know that Teddy has a buldging disk, the vet said we could start holistic treatment if we wanted to.

I had asked on GT whether he should have acupunture or chiropractic therapy and the answer was to have both.

It's 2 different docs in 2 different locations so I want to make sure we going about this in the right way.

Which would we have done first?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest vahoundlover

Boss had a bulged disc, we didn't do chiro, but acupuncture made a world of difference. A year later and he still goes every 6-8 weeks and loves it.

Acupuncture. I'd be worried that chiro treatment may aggravate a bulging disc.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:nod I agree with the others. Acupuncture first, then chiro, if needed. I had better luck with acupuncture than chiro for Chancy's LS. Wish I had tried acupuncture first. Just my experience.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Thank you! We have an appointment the 29th!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Forgreys

One of my former greyhounds (Nylah) had horrible nerve problems in her spine and nervous system. I took her to a holistic vet and he did acupuncture and chiropractic treatments. The chiropractic was in mild form. It was only a temporary fix as it was just addressing the symptom. The disease eventually claimed her life. I only say that because it was already too late for her. Her condition was much worse and totally different than that of your baby. But I highly recommend acupuncture.

From personal experience (me :P ) I would do acupuncture first. The reason I say this is because acupuncture will help to reduce some of the pain right away and will likely relax some of the muscles being affected by the disc. I would then try chiro and then plan for more acupuncture again....to help the body adjust to the chiro treatment.

Guest Greyhoundbaby

On a personal note, I always get faster relief when I visit the acupuncturist but maintain that relief with chiropractic. Don't see why it would be different with a houndie...

From personal experience (me :P ) I would do acupuncture first. The reason I say this is because acupuncture will help to reduce some of the pain right away and will likely relax some of the muscles being affected by the disc. I would then try chiro and then plan for more acupuncture again....to help the body adjust to the chiro treatment.

On a personal note, I always get faster relief when I visit the acupuncturist but maintain that relief with chiropractic. Don't see why it would be different with a houndie...

:nod Yep, acupuncture first, should help with relaxation and then he'll likely be able to get a better adjustment at the chiro :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--