Toothpaste Question

Guest SusanP

Does anyone know if there is a difference between Virbac's CET toothpaste and their Petrodex toothpaste? Both seem to be "enzymatic"...I've always gotten CET, but if Petrodex is just as good, I can order it from Petguys.com.

Anyone?

I recently started using the Petrodex Natural toothpaste. It has eucalyptis oil in it and is supposed to be peanut flavoured, but you know my guys teeth have never looked nicer!

I used to use the Petrodex Poultry flavoured.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest fastdog

We use Petrodex Beef and Poultry flavor (mmm, beef toothpaste!). I like Petrodex because the product is made in the USA. Not sure where C.E.T. is made (I couldn't tell from their website).

I don't think it makes any difference. I think that the act of brushing is most important, not what sort of paste you use! CET products come recommended by a lot of vets though! I use Petrodex myself. George likes the taste!! Boy, it's a lot harder to brush greyhound toofers than pit bull mixes! That jaw just keeps going and going!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Both CET and Petrodex appear to be made by the same company.

Well, in the end, I ordered CET tarter control--I'd never seen that before, it's supposed to be a bit more heavy-duty on tarter, and that's what I need, so I ordered that from 24-hr pet.

Never tried anything other than Petrodex; it sure seems to work.

I did some research into the enzyme (whose name eludes me just right now) that is employed in pet toothpastes. Seems it was offered up for human use in toothpastes, but the studies never panned out- it wasn't demonstrated to be effective.

But there sure seems to be something more to it than just scrubbing. There may be something to it in terms of the enzymes.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

I use Petrodex but all the C.E.T. products are excelent. i'm assuming it's the same site as the CET chews and rinses etc. Doc Freeman turned me on to the CET products. GOOD STUFF!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project