Princess Is Managing Ibd

Guest LuckyGrey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear your good news! Hopfeully the meds and diet will keep her IBD in control. Sending happy thoughts and more prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest LuckyGrey
I'm so glad Princess is home again :yay Can I ask what diet you have her on?

Keep feeling better, sweetheart :wub:

Thanks! She is on IVD Rabbit and Potato strictly. If she tolerates it, they make a treat too. We had her on ID and the doc said that it was not good for food allergies, but was good for diahrrea. This is now her fourth food that we are trying.

Guest LuckyGrey

Well, the biopsies of her bowels came back negative and her diagnosis is severe Irritable Bowel Disorder. She is on pepcid and prednisone. Her albumin level will be checked again Friday. She is quite sluggish, but she has been through a lot in a short time. Hope eveyone has a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving!

Edited by LuckyGrey

Guest greytmonty
I'm so glad Princess is home again :yay Can I ask what diet you have her on?

Keep feeling better, sweetheart :wub:

Thanks! She is on IVD Rabbit and Potato strictly. If she tolerates it, they make a treat too. We had her on ID and the doc said that it was not good for food allergies, but was good for diahrrea. This is now her fourth food that we are trying.

Monty eats this same food for his allergies, he is thriving on it and hope Princess will too!

The canned version is a good treat for these dogs.

• 8 months later...
Guest LuckyGrey

Update:

Princess is now on 1 1/2 Prednisone every oher day and 1 Imuran every other day. Her Albumin has been stable and we are slowly trying to reduce her prednisone. At one point we went too fast and had to increase her dose. The prednisone is driving her crazy. She lost about 80% of her hair and she is eating things like socks and plastic that she never did before. She also excessively licks. Bitter yuck seems to have helped diminish that.

Her quality of life since being diagnosed is much better. Her diet is stable and she does not have stomach distress except for the other day when she ate my Ipod wires which resulted in an e-vet visit.

I'd like to thank everyone who has sent well wishes and advice through this illness.

Princess is doing great!!!

Very glad to hear your news. Must be a huge relief to have her at a stable place with the IBD. Sending ear scritches and :kiss2 's to your pretty girlie. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.