Carly Is Limping

Guest needlenoselover

Guest needlenoselover

Ok, so yesterday I got to sleep in a little. DH got up with the kids and the hounds, and fed everyone. After Carly ate breakfast, she went running thru the yard with Heather. Something she NEVER does! Then last night after her dinner, she did it again. Now she is limping. Not terribly, but you can notice it. Could she have strained something? She doesn't cry when I move her leg, shoulder or paw. I checked in between her pads for a small rock or cut, nothing. There is no swellling and no lumps that I can see. Could she just have strained or sprained something while she ran? Since she doesn't really run that much, could it have occured due to lack of use of the muscles? I am worried after reading another thread where the GH was limping and it turned out to be the Big C. Any and all advise is welcome and wanted!!! Thanks.

Kristen

Guest FrostyBottoms

I have a limper right now too...but it is his leg that he broke that has a plate and 12 screws in it, Vinny is on Rimadyl right now to see if it was something with the tendon...the Dr. checked his plate and said it seemed fine. I know the thread you are talking about and it is scary! Good luck!

I would rest her for a day or so and then if she continues to limp or if it goes away and then comes back, let the vet check her over, just to put your mind at rest :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Since it has never happened before and it happened after she ran, I would chalk it up to pulling something. Give it three-5 days. If you have some Deramaxx or even Rimydyl, give her one to keep her comfotable and keep her from jumping and running for the next few days.

If after 3-5 days, no improvement, time for the vet. I bet it's sprain.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

It's probably just fine. If it's not better in a couple of days, take her to the vet and have it looked at. That she's not acting "off" in any other way is good. They do frequently get soft tissue injuries, sometimes from something as simple as stepping on a rock. But if it doesn't resolve itself, don't let it go.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest needlenoselover
Let me know if you need some Rimadyl. I seem to have plenty here. And stay calm. In fact, be happy that Carly feels like running and playing.

I might take you up on that. She is still limping today, but not as pronounced as yesterday. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's just a strained muscle.