Update On Harry's Blood Clots

Guest hazelhedge

Guest hazelhedge

Harry has a new diagnosis: External Iliac Vein Thrombosis. Underlying cause is unknown and still being investigated. The prognosis will depend on the cause. He is on Plavix for now to prevent further clotting. Vet says o.k. to continue the Metacam with the Plavix since it seems to be helping him. He seems otherwise o.k. I'll let you know if I learn anything new. Thanks for all the great info and support on the board.

Vicki

Sending prayers and light to your precious boy... :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Best wishes for Harry and for you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest hazelhedge

Thank you all for your kind words. I just got a voice mail from the vet saying Harry has Cushings Disease and it's the adrenal type, which requires surgery. That's all the info I have right now; vet will be back in office on Wednesday and wants to talk to me then. I had not heard of surgical treatment for this problem. If anyone has, please let me know. Thanks.

Vicki

Guest vahoundlover

Buster, our mix terrier has cushings, his is pituitary. He was dx two years ago, and is doing well. He is on Lysodren. I don't know much about the adrenal type other than what I've read while searching cushings.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Harry.