Not Panic-ing Yet

Guest ss556

My son told me that around 3:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, Alan spit up a little. Obviously, this was hours after eating. Then yesterday he didn't seem "right" and when I got home from work, he didn't look right, but acted normal in the park - interested in the squirrels. Then last night, he was panting a bit - thought maybe b/c it was humid, but gutt told me different. He tried to lay down and get comfortable - couldn't then sat up and gave a big burp (smelled like chicken - his dinner) about 4 hrs. prior. I gave him a zantac - he was up a few times last night. I gave him a pepcid this a.m. before breakfast. His panting must have been gas building up. Any thoughts here? Am I missing something/should I be concerned? I get concerned b/c of the kidney disease and he's due to go to vet in November for check up. You have to understand, my DH and my two sons think I am retarded with Alan to begin with:(

So I wouldn't panic, but you're the mom and if you really feel like something is off, it's probably worth a vet check, if only to ease your mind. (I'm the same way)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Is he any better now? If not, it's almost November anyway, maybe the Vet can see him a little earlier?

Hope your boy feels better soon.

Susan, you know how I am about these things too! i seem to be at the vet once a week because someone is always off one way or the other.

Since YOU are uncomfortable about this, just take him in to ease YOUR mind.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Since I am at work today, I will see how he is later when I get home. I don't have any choice right now. Alan has an appt. for Nov. 7th, but if he is not right, he will be going there tomorrow. I just wish I knew how he was doing today:(

That's where the webcam comes in!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

I hope Alan feels better.

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

So, how is Alan this evening????

Sending prayers. :grouphug We just know when something isn't right. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thank you for caring. I will observe Alan over the weekend since I am home. He's ok to go out and do his business, but he's burping more, so back to pepcid or zantac every day. He seems to sleep more, maybe that's b/c he's 10. This weekend will tell me more. Believe me, off to whatever vet we will go if I see anything not really "right". I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it's not the KD progressing.

Guest greymom1997

I don't want to panic you, but my Skip had glomerulonephritis and when he started with the stomach upset it was really downhill from there.... please, please... I don't want to alarm you, but when I see kidney disease, pepcid, and vomiting in one sentence it brings back all the memories of Skip and his struggle. I would try to get him in as soon as possible.

It's just my humble opinion... if your gut has told you something isn't right.. then bring him in... it really can't hurt... it'll at least ease your own mind if it's nothing....

Prayers for you and Alan...

Hope Alan is feeling better. Could be the change in the weather that's causing him to lay low, especially if it's getting chilly where you are. We have had beautiful weather here so my heathens are running amok but when it gets chilly, all they want to do is SNUGGLE IN!

It does sound a little bit like he is gassy but if it continues I'd have him looked at. :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Well Alan was so-so this weekend, not bad, but still not right. I moved my vet appointment up from Nov. 7th to this Friday, the 26th (my birthday - so I hope it's a good day). I probably won't get the lab results until the Monday after, so it will be a difficult weekend for me, aside from what the vet may have to say. Please keep your fingers and paws crossed for a good outcome.

Sending many prayers for you handsome little boy. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You know we will be thinking of you.

Maybe if he is up to it, you can come with him to Petco, Saturday.

Sending prayers for a good report from the vet for Alan. :hope:grouphug

(You and I have the same birthday :) )

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg