Tell Me This Isn't Happening

Guest tanner

May 17th I lost my heart dog Lady to Osteo. Long stoy but we now have Ashley as of July 15th. She was in a very bad situation and I was called. The group knew I had lost Lady so I had room in my heart for another.

Well Ash is limping on the right front leg just like Lady.

Vet on Friday at 9:30 for a bladder infection recheck so will have this checked also. I am so gun shy about this.

Please tell me it's not the C word.

Deb

Edited by tanner

:goodluck

It could be a number of things causing the limp that are not as serious, so don't give up hope. My bridgegirl Twiggy had many episodes of limping that I was fearful were bone cancer--but turned out to be corns, muscle pulls, and shoulder strain. It could also be a recurrence of an injury she sustained before she came to you (racing or otherwise)

:goodluck

What is a TBD panel? Is it a Tick Born panel? Does it cause them to limp? I did check her feet and didn't see anything.

Edited by tanner

What is a TBD panel? Is it a Tick Born panel? Does it cause them to limp?

TBD panel is testing for tick-borne disease. Some tick diseases can cause limping.

Sending positive thoughts it's something easy to remedy. :hope

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Hopefully it will be a pulled muscle or a ligament injury. We've had several greys limping at various times and I always get knots in my stomach until it's resolved. We'll all be praying that your girl will be well again soon.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sending many prayers. I know how worried you are. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom

I JUST went through this with Soul starting Friday. I was beside myself with worry. When we got to the vet on Sat, we realized he was in a lot more pain than he was letting on. He was being stoic. After the exam, and bloodwork to rule out TBD he put Soul on Rimadyl, Tramadol, and bedrest. We were supposed to go back today for Xrays if he wasn't better, but he is soooooo much better. By yesterday, he was back to his old, goofy, self. We're limiting his activity for two weeks (no yard zoomies!), to make sure he heals.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

The same thing happened to my boy Jesse. He started limping and I was totally freaking out as a litter mate of his had died from Osteo. Turned out to be the equivelent of a sprained ankle. Every once in a while he will run full out (he is 9) or step the worng way and end up limping again. It is always gone in a day or so. Sending good "sprained ankle" thoughts your way.

Sending prayers. Check her feet and do a TBD panel.

Ditto. :nod :nod :nod

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

My 8.5 year old Polli has been limping for the better part of 2 weeks. She does not have CA.

It COULD be a prolapsed disk or a soft tissue injury so right now we are treating it with lots of rest and anti inflammatories.

We will do this for several more weeks and then see how she is.

Prayers for a simple diagnosis and treatment for your girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project