Update On Bodie

Guest Bodie

We took Bodie to OSU on Friday for his third round of chemo. His white blood count was the best yet! Maybe there is something to that mixture of cottage cheese and flaxseed oil building up the white blood count. Well, Bodie enjoys the cottage cheese, the flaxseed oil doesn't hurt, so I'm going to continue it. Bodie's oncologist was very pleased with his progress and chemotherapy is going smoothly with few side effects.

Bodie's skin condition, however, remains problematic. He saw his dermatological team while at OSU and they still aren't sure what he has. He still has crusty areas around his paw pads and tail area. His nose, which OSU was treating with topical steroids, is now completely healed. Unfortunately, it is unlikely he will ever grow hair back on the bald spot that is left. So, Bodie had more skin cultures to moniter him for a possible infection, but the plan of action now is to just watch the crusty areas and make sure they don't get worse. They don't seem to bother him and the logical treatment would be oral steroids which is something the doctors want to avoid, if at all possible, while he is receiving chemo. When you consider all of Bodie's medical problems, I think both he and I can live with some crusty skin that isn't itchy.

Overall, Bodie is doing very well. He is moving around with ease and doesn't seem at all bothered by being a tripod. He still doesn't run yet. He just watches as his sister, Rainy, whips by and tries to tease him into running with her. His old happy self is returning. He's begging for food (his favorite pastime!) and he has even started bouncing up and down when I let him in from outside. He used to do that all the time, before he got sick, and he hasn't done it in so long, I almost forgot he used to do it.

It is such a pleasure seeing my happy boy back again! I initially had some doubts about the amputation and whether I was doing the right thing, but when I see him now, back to his happy old self, I know it was the right decision.

Good Boy Bodie! You ROCK sweetie! :yay

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What great news! :yay I'm so glad he's doing better and better all the time. Give your sweet boy some :kiss2 's from us. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.