Found An Anti-itch Ointment That Works

My non-grey, Miss Pudge le Mutt, has always been plagued with itchy skin.

Vet-prescribed pills either don't work or make her sick. Sometimes I resort to bendryl. I hate to keep drugging her. Recently used a vet-prescribed shampoo that barely made any difference along with an antibiotic.

Itch itch, chew chew.

Today at Pudge's obedience class I noticed that the trainer sold an anti-itch product. I had been going to order Renic's Oatmeal Pet Spray but thought I'd try this instead.

I rubbed the ointment on Pudge's itchy belly and the back side of her front paws.

That was 6 hours ago and she hasn't chewed or itched since. :banana This is a really big deal! :banana

The product is called Wounded Warrior skin ointment. It's for people and pets. Has a very informative website. You can by it online and it's in some stores. Expensive at $15.95 for 2oz. but it's working! :banana

Wounded Warrior Ointment

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I smeared 2 drops of the ointment on Pudge's belly yesterday afternoon and she still has not resumed chewing or licking, nor has she chewed on her paws where I put just a wee bit of it on! :bounce8

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest lmackenzie

sounds like quite a relief for both of you. I read through the testimonials and it seems like a really terrific product. Thanks for sharing - I am going to get some for my first aid kit...

I just applied the ointment again. This is only the second time since yesterday afternoon. She wasn't licking much but I wanted to head it off at the pass.

I wish I had dollar for every time I've said "Stop, Pudge!" when I caught her licking/chewing in the pre-ointment days. I coulda bought a new car. :P

Miss Pudge has had such chronic allergies and I hated giving her pills, shots, special baths, etc.

Wounded Warrior ointment is pricey but I only had to put 2 dabs on her belly and smear it around, then a dab on the itchy part of her paws.

So far so good.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest midgie1007

I'll have to get some...one of my boys has had itchy problems for months now...I'll think we have it fixed, and then I'll find him crying and chewing on his feet.