Pictures Of Rash: What Is It?

Guest savshusker

She's beautiful! IF she does have a tick born disease, she was likely infected before you got her, so keep up with the Frontline. My boy Flint had Babesia which the ticks in this area don't carry. It can take a long time for symptoms to develop. Good luck and keep us posted--we learn from the experience of others.

Sounds like you and your vet took a reasonable first approach. :) Are any of the original lesions fading? They look a lot like REALLY nasty bug bites to me -- black fly or deer fly or something.

She's a lovely girl.

P.S. If the vet is thinking the spots are petechiae (basically, little bruises from leaking blood), he or she could check platelets first, before proceeding with a tick panel. Here it would cost me @ $75 for a full blood workup with accurate platelet count. For a full-fledged tick panel, I prefer NCSU and they are pricey but IIRC still closer to $150 than $300.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Brandon, I'm glad you were able to take your beautiful girly to the vet. Hopefully the vet is running at least a CBC. I have poted a link with lots of info on tick diseases.

linky

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest savshusker

Update:

Savvy's skin problem has nearly dissapeared. There is still some discoloration from the bleeding under the skin but the Doc said it would take a while to go away. But it looks ten times better and no new spots.

Savvy is in good spirits and has been doing zoomies all morning.

Will update you all after vet visit next week.

Thanks for all the advice and the links you guys sent too. Good stuff.

Brandon