A (long Overdue) Introduction

vjgrey

I'm Valerie, and two months ago, my husband and I adopted Gabe - a six year-old Red/Blue Brindle from Wichita Greyhound Park. We'd had dogs in the past but absolutely NONE like him. He's made greyhound addicts out of us both and is absolutely the furry little love of my life. Greytalk has been such a great resource for us, both before adoption and since bringing Gabe home.

Eating a Frosty Paws:

Gabe-IceCream3.jpg

Sleeping Through the OU game in his OU collar:

GabeOU.jpg

Showing off his gorgeous new pirate collar:

Gabe-Pirate.jpg

We've also "chipped" and will be bringing home Diamond in a few weeks, when her broken hock heals.

Greyhound_Shortys_Diamond-_2big.jpg

Greyhound_Shortys_Diamond-big.jpg

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Helloo...... and welcome to GT. Diamond is a beauty and I am glad to know that one of their dogs is getting a good home. RTW is a great place and greyt people.

Do you get to Greyhound America?

I see you are OU fans.... Does that mean you are in OK?

Anyway...WELCOME!

Do you get to Greyhound America?

I see you are OU fans.... Does that mean you are in OK?

Anyway...WELCOME!

We're new to greyhounds, so we weren't aware of it before, but we've already marked the next Greyhound America on our calendars.

We're both OU grads, and I'm currently in law school at OU. Our primary home is in Wichita, but we have an apartment in Norman, and I'm there two nights a week (good thing I love to drive!)

Congratulations and welcome. They both are beautiful. I see you are aleady spoiling him with the collars. :lol

Yep - in two months, he's acquired four, and I've already ordered matching ones for Diamond. :lol

Edited by vjgrey

Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I'm Valerie, and two months ago, my husband and I adopted Gabe - a six year-old Red/Blue Brindle from Wichita Greyhound Park. We'd had dogs in the past but absolutely NONE like him. He's made greyhound addicts out of us both and is absolutely the furry little love of my life. Greytalk has been such a great resource for us, both before adoption and since bringing Gabe home.

We've also "chipped" and will be bringing home Diamond in a few weeks, when her broken hock heals.

Greyhound_Shortys_Diamond-_2big.jpg

Greyhound_Shortys_Diamond-big.jpg

Hi Valerie! Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I was just out at the kennel this morning, I had to help the ladies change Diamond's splint/wrap! She was so wiggly and happy, they couldn't get her to lay still so they could do the work they needed to do! I went to pet her and help hold her, then Carol had to get up to get something (Carol was holding/petting her head) .. oh man, she wiggled, twisted, wagged her tail, kicked, etc.! So funny. So, I ended up sorta laying down beside her with my arm over her to try to get her to be still! She is SOOOOo sweet and sooo beautiful! You are getting a real sweetheart! I'll be so anxious to see her get in a home and settled.

Thank you for spoiling Gabe so much. Carol told me today just how great he looks! From the pictures above I agree, but since she got to see him in person, she knows even better. I hope his feet are OK/getting better.

Keep up the fantastic work and the spoiling!

I was in Norman on the 18th. I totally forgot about you going down. I might just have to check with you the next time they send me down !

Take care !

Kay

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

Hi, Kay! Carol and Annie told me about the "wrap incident." Carol said "She obviously wasn't in pain, just really silly and wiggly!" ^_^ When we saw her last Friday, she was RUNNING around the kennel in that cast, so hopefully it won't be long before she's well and home with us.

I think we enjoy spoiling Gabe almost as much as he enjoys being spoiled! He's such a sweet boy. He had his stitches taken out on Monday and seems to be on the mend.

Please do let me know if you need any help with transports, etc.. to Norman (or anywhere along the route). We just bought an Escape to allow Diamond and Gabe room to sprawl (I feel like such a mommy!) so I could probably transport three hounds (although sometimes Gabe makes the trip down with me).

Welcome to GT and to the wonderful world of greyhound devotion! :) Your Gabe is a real looker and Diamond is absolutely stunning.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.