Blitz At 24 Hour Care

Any news? Continued prayers for Blitz. :hope

No, no news. Which at this point, is good news. The bloodwork was supposed to be back last night, the ultrasound may not get done until early this afternoon, but the doc said they would call if we needed to make any decisions/change the plan of action.

I'm just keeping myself busy by ironing my large stack of clothes, then I'll do a little bit of cleaning in preparation for the inlaws' visit on Saturday. I was able to sleep in a little bit this morning, but not nearly as late as I would've liked. I feel a little better knowing he's being looked after - I'm sure I would've slept much less if he had been here.

Ah well, the iron should be warmed up again (automatic shutoff kicked in), so back to it!

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

I'm getting my information second hand as the doc talked to DH, then DH called me.

Basically, the ultrasound revealed a thickened stomach wall, which may be due to the vomiting. The ultrasound and radiographs revealed some abnormal vasculature, particularly in the aorta.

They did notice some bleeding and bruising and will be looking at his coagulation rate.

He has not vomited, but nothing has been offered. He will now be offered water every two hours.

Umm.. there may be a few other things, but basically, the cardiologist, internist, and emergency referral doc agree there is something really funky going on in his abdomen. An electrocardiogram will be done tonight to check on the condition of his heart, then they are recommending an MRI. Not sure why, but I am about to leave work to head over there to get the details and to sign off on his treatment. Gotta run.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

wonder if they thing he has a AAA (Aortic Anneurysim), hmm some other thoughts, some kind of an obstruction of the renal artery (renal artery stenosis), just some things running through my brain Deanna. I hope and pray it's no too serious, you know I'll be checking in on GT through the night for updates and will ceratinly keep praying for Blitz.

Again, let me know if I can do anything, you know I mean it ok!

Hugs,

Karen

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest PiagetsMom

Oh my goodness....you guys aren't even out of the honeymoon period with your new boy :o

Blitz is so lucky to have come to you Deanna....I know that no matter what's going on, his mom and dad will see that he has all the care he needs :grouphug Keeping my fingers crossed that there's nothing too serious :goodluck