Hello! I Have A Beautiful New Boy!

Guest DorianGreyhound

Guest DorianGreyhound

Hello!

I have owned Greyhounds before, but when I split up with my long term boyfriend, he got the girls (one Greyhound and one other non grey, both of which we'd gotten together) and I got the boys (Whippets). Everyone's happy, but I couldn't stand not having a Greyhound. Months went by. Yesterday, I happened upon a Greyhound in need of a home from a private owner who had gotten him from a shelter. I fell for him on sight. I couldn't stand it... so I took him in. He's a beauty!!! I had to change my user name- seeing my girl's name (that my ex now has) just made me teary eyed. She is happy and that is what counts... we keep in touch a lot, and I am in a new relationship and now able to give a home to another hound. I also have my two Whippets and an old Golden Retriever. My partner has a Golden Retriever, too. SO welcome the newest member of my pack!

DORIAN GREYHOUND! :)

He is five years old and a total stunner if you ask me! :)

dante002.jpg

dante001.jpg

He's very handsome!  Love the name :lol

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

He is gorgeous. Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

He's beautiful. Congrats.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest IrskasMom

First I want to WELCOME you to GT :wave:wave:wave CONGRATS on your New Addition .

Dori is Gorgeous . Thank you for taken this Boy into your Home and last but not least you are on the

right Place for Help and other Info . :yay:yay:yay

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from another Marylander!

I agree that Dorian is gorgeous, and I like the name too.

Being an insane church musician, dorian makes me think of all those wonderful early music compositions in first mode, also known as dorian mode! I hope you sing to him: re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do-re! (that's the dorian scale).

Told you I was crazy!

Congrats to all!

--isaac

Guest DorianGreyhound

Thanks!!!

Actually we're now in Florida but have lived in Maryland and LOVE AND MISS IT dearly. Dori is not a fan of this heat, nor am I... but he really runs and plays when we go running really early or late at night! He loves racing around in the wet grass, then rolling a bit. He's happy and settled in remarkably fast... what a great, easy dog. He crates up on command, loves the car, has had NO accidents, loves my other dogs, and left my cats alone after just one firm "No!" (though I still don't leave them alone together when I leave- I crate Dori then).

He's just absolutely dreamy :wub: