New Doggie & New Owners

Guest Amy_and_Mark

Guest Amy_and_Mark

Introducing the as yet unnamed, most beautiful doggie ever (maybe we are biased):

with%20mark1186982959.jpg

We cannot take her home until after she is spayed, as per the agreement with the adoption org. She's a very happy girl, pretty recent from the track and still in racing form.

I came close to adopting about 6 of them, but for now I am trying to be responsible and add them 1 at a time ;) .

We'll surely be regulars here now, and we just wanted to get the introductions overwith. More pics to come once she gets home, probably September 5th.

Guest smarthound

Congratulations! You'll find lots of good information here about how to introduce your new greyhound to family life.

You may also want to pick up a couple of books and do some reading while you are waiting for your new addition.

Here are a couple of good ones:

Adopting the Racing Greyhound by Cynthia Branigan

Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies by Lee Livingood

and, if you have children

Living with Kids and Dogs...Without Losing Your Mind by Colleen Pelar

And, yes, it's hard to have just one :rolleyes:

ETA: We just adopted number 4.

Edited by smarthound

Guest LolasMom

:wave from California. She is a beautiful girl! (looks a lot like my black girlie :lol )

And what a big wonderful smile. I think she's sure happy to have found you!

Guest Amy_and_Mark
:wave from California. She is a beautiful girl! (looks a lot like my black girlie :lol )

And what a big wonderful smile. I think she's sure happy to have found you!

Oh my goodness- Lola is seriously in our top three for names right now! Isn't that weird? :D

The contenders for name right now are Lola, Bella, or Jetta. But the list keeps getting bigger instead of smaller.

Guest Amy_and_Mark
Here are a couple of good ones:

Adopting the Racing Greyhound by Cynthia Branigan

Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies by Lee Livingood

We bought the Dummies book- I'll be reading and setting up the house for a few days now.

I think the people at my job are sick of hearing about the new dog I have, that isn't even home yet.

I think the people at my job are sick of hearing about the new dog I have, that isn't even home yet.

Welcome to our cult ! :rofl

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:welcome2:welcome:wubsite:pepper:pepper

Have fun with her...

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest EMcElfresh

Welcome from Boston! You will find plenty of places to "vent" the greyhound sickness you now have (keeping you from driving your co-workers out of their minds) - it's an awesome place for info and networking with all of the fellow "cultists"

Emma (+ Gordon)

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Amy and Marc !WELCOME to GT :wave:wave:wave . Yep ....you are on the right Place with

all the other Addict's . This is the Place to come for help. Hopefully , you get your Doggie very soon.

:welcome

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amy_and_Mark
Congratulations....she's a beauty...I may be biased too as she looks rather like my girl :colgate

Wow- she's very similar!

So we are getting her on the morning of the 5th. We visited her on Saturday AND Sunday. She has been spayed, and she recovered with no issues. They cleaned her teeth while she was under- now her smile is electric! I walked her while there was some thunder outside, and she luckily has no issues with that.

At the adoption office, they have an assortment of toys and gadgets, and while we were shopping we let the dog (still unnamed) look at some toys. I was about to give up (because she was totally disinterested) when I tried the squeaker in a big Buffalo Stuffy. The head squeaker sounds just like the squawker thingy they use to make the dogs congregate, and she goes nuts for the squawker. When she heard the Buffalo, she was beside herself! She promptly claimed it as hers by slobbering on it and killing it. So she has her first favorite toy now too!

Amy picked out a collar for her- its dark brown with pink paw-prints on it. So now she is sufficiently girlied up.

How do we wait until the 5th? I want her now!