Hello From Minty & Me

I've been enjoying reading Greytalk for the last month or two... and finally switched providers so I could register.

I'm "Mom" to Minty; a 4 and a half year old black grey with the "tuxedo" chest and white toes that we adopted in April of last year. When I met her, I wasn't quite sure if I was ready for another grey; my white and red Moondoggy had gone to Rainbow's Bridge on February 13. My daughter called me from our group's meet n greet where she had come on her first day as a foster and said I had to come meet her. That was it... she leaned into me..looked up with those beautiful eyes and I knew she needed us as much as we needed her.

What a first month we had though! I don't know if it was just HER, or was it a girl thing, (I never had a girl dog before!)...but did she whine! :blush And what a sissy! She'd run and hide if you too out her leash..or try to go out in the rain..or if it was breezy. Then she became attached to my hip..and if I went out of sight..(like heaven forbid, into the bathroom..she'd stand outside the door and cry.)

But......we perservered....and though she still likes to be my "pal", (her head is against my leg at the moment...she's sleeping on the couch next to me); she's a real sweetie. And she now has MANY voices.... still has an occasional whine, (that she uses along with crossing her two front legs at the same time).. but she's got a whole vocabulary of "woofs" and "barks".

:welcome

She sounds like a real sweetie, I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful girl! :) I have a "talker" too, it is amazing the sounds they can make, isn't it? :)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest FullMetalFrank

Welcome! Minty sounds like a character. Don't you just love the greyhound "vocabulary"? Looking forward to hearing all about her and of course, pictures!

Welcome!!

I don't know if boys whine--I don't have any--but I do know that there are huge individual differences. My whiner is Edie. She got a lot quieter once she'd settled in (and once she realized that I don't respond well to whining).

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Miss Minty is hugging her "princess" pilllow right now...and not whining. I just told told her that grey people said "hellos" and she had a little conversation with me about it. Translated...I THINK it meant.."Oh.. tell all of them to give their puppers a snack and let them have the best spot on the couch." either that or she said.... "Mom---Figure out to include a photo, already!"

Well...I gotta work on that...so I gave her a "cookie" and she's quiet...for the moment.

I wonder if we've met any of you yet? This year we DH & I took Minty to Gettysburg in April..and DD and I took to the Greyhound Expo in Mass. and next month it's off to the beach.

I wonder...will she want sunglasses to go with her pretty pink sunhat? B)

Welcome to you and Minty

I love her name :wub::wub::wub:

Her racing name was "Mighty Mint"..and well.."mighty" she wasn't...specially with all that whining and running to hide her head under her bed if we DARED to try to clip on her leash..or brush her..or give her a snack... :huh MEAN people, we are! We didn't want to upset her more by going calling by a whole new name.

She gives gifts at Christmas & birthdays...to her big "sister", (my DD)..my parents and her groomer... always some kind of Mint; usually some kind of candy..though in the spring "she" gave pots of peppermint plants. :unsure

• 1 month later...

We loved meeting Miss Minty and her mom and dad at the Beach! What a beautiful girl she is, I hope mom and dad had a safe trip home!!!!!! We hope to hear from you all soon! I can't send you a pm you have not been on here long enough!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest greysmomma

:confetti:confetti:banana:wave:wave

Hello and welcome from central Pennsylvania!!! I have a black girl and she is a winer too, especially when I am outside walking the other dogs. It has gotten better over the years though. Nice meeting you!!!

Marla

Hello Mintys mom, we hope to hear from you soon! I sure miss the North! You guys made us realize how much we really do miss it!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Hello and welcome from central Pennsylvania!!! I have a black girl and she is a winer too, especially when I am outside walking the other dogs. It has gotten better over the years though. Nice meeting you!!!

Marla

I thought that maybe....just maybe Minty's whining was getting to be a thing of the past. Oh, she still whines instead of barking when she needs a "pit stop", or wants back in..but that "whinewhinewhine.." for no reason, (at least in my opinion!), was replaced by a whole vocabulary of barks.

EXCEPT.. :blink: The day after we got home from our trip to South Carolina I left dear Miss Minty home with DH for the weekend while I went away with my DD. AND....Miss Minty regained all of her whining skills; (plus some, according to DH).. :eek He said she whined.. and kept waking him up..and she'd cry.. :unsure and look forlornly out the window..and whine some more.

I told him it's a "girl" thing...maybe he should've taken her shopping!

Marla

I thought that maybe....just maybe Minty's whining was getting to be a thing of the past. Oh, she still whines instead of barking when she needs a "pit stop", or wants back in..but that "whinewhinewhine.." for no reason, (at least in my opinion!), was replaced by a whole vocabulary of barks.

EXCEPT.. :blink: The day after we got home from our trip to South Carolina I left dear Miss Minty home with DH for the weekend while I went away with my DD. AND....Miss Minty regained all of her whining skills; (plus some, according to DH).. :eek He said she whined.. and kept waking him up..and she'd cry.. :unsure and look forlornly out the window..and whine some more.

I told him it's a "girl" thing...maybe he should've taken her shopping!

Poor Minty has been spoiled by her mommy! You can't blame her for whining mom!!!! Tell daddy that Miss Minty wants to go on a shopping trip too, the girls left her home all by herself WITH DADDY and they went shopping, that was not FAIR! ;):(

:kiss2 Give Minty a kiss from Sophie, Bo and Aladdin and tell her we miss her!

darlenesiggy2.jpg