Humphrey Tuesday Evening

Guest grapecat

Guest grapecat

Humphrey has really come along well - no more crying or whining for over a day and a half! He doesn't appear to be in pain and he seems to be looking at us as if wondering what all this fuss is about. We took the suggestion of barricading part of the living room off for him - he has adapted to that quite well, though he doesn't like it. He went to the vet again today for his dressing change and they are very pleased with his progress. They wrapped his foot up so he can't hobble quite so well and I think that has helped too. He is eating very well (and getting lots of treats!).

His leg hardware looks pretty scary, and keeping him from licking is interesting. He's been given one of those huge lampshade collars for nighttime. Have any of your hounds worn one of these things? I can't imagine it going over very well - he likes his soft pillows...

Thanks again for so many warm wishes and such good advice - it has really helped in what has been pretty nightmare-ish situation.

Oh, yep... My Pinky had to wear one. She despised it. She absolutely refused to eat or drink with it on. It was clear (with black edging) so she was never quite sure where it was. Several times she bumped into door frames and scared the %$# out of herself. Worse, she could reach the wound despite the collar.

I hope Humphrey continues to heal (and that ge doesn't find wearing a lampshade too humiliating).

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Oh dear, I replied to the Monday update before reading the Tuesday update :blush . So glad Humphrey is doing better :)

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so glad Humphrey is doing so well. :) My Renie wore the e-collar for 3 weeks after surgery. She hated it the first few days but she did adjust. Sending prayers for good healing for your boy. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg