My Sweet Nala

Guest sassichari

Guest sassichari

I can't believe that it has been 4 years since I have lost my sweet Nala. She was 11 and had lymphoma for 2 years. The docs gave her 3 months but with prednisone, getting up every 2 hours for for the potty during the night and lots of love she gave me 2 more wonderful years. I had her for 7 years.

She was a beautiful fawn girl and a totally unexpected addition to my life when I adopted her. She survived many bad relationships and gave me more love and happiness than I could have ever expected. She was a perfect single girls dog- she slept in till noon and was thrilled to go out for a midnight walk. She was also a great man magnet and protected me from a few shady characters. It is funny that people who don't know the breed see a large dog and cross the street. Any potential boyfriend had to pass the Nala test-if he wasn't grey friendly and understanding of the breed he was out the door.

The day I had to put her down my wonderful vet came to my house. It was peaceful and he cried along with me. I was guilt ridden for a long time even though I knew I had done the right thing. I think we all feel like we fail our babies when we put them down.

Since then I have adopted Coco a minpin- chihuaha mix who helped me get over my lonliness for my Nala.

And now 4 long years later I have a house of greyhounds!!!!! I have Max which my husband and I adopted in November and I just failed my first foster-her name is Franny!

So goodbye my Sweet Nala! Mommy is finally doing what you wanted me to do-it just took me this long to heal enough to do it!You were the most wonderful dog and will never be forgotten! I love you!

I am so thankful to have found this site! Thank you!

Guest bowiebears

I know how it hurts in that special way!

I miss my two bridge kids too....

Our life is blessed by those who come in to it, our hounds in a very unique way!

--Isaac

So many of us here know what you are feeling. :grouphug Nala is always watching over and guiding you from above. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest whatahound

Nala sounds like a sweetie. The memories we keep of our beloved friends, makes the pain when their gone more bearable.

:grouphug