Arlie's Thyroid Panel Results

Well, for those of you who have been hanging in for the ongoing saga, here is the interpretation sent by MSU. Pending confirmation from my vet that I am understanding it correctly, sounds to me like they are saying there is no compelling evidence that she is hypothyroid. Here is the interpretation, verbatim:

"There is excellent evidence to indicate that reference values for thyroid hormones, especially T4 and free T4, should be extended lower than those listed here for this breed of dog. We do not have the elevation of thyroid stimulating horm one that is expected with primary hypothyroidism. The negative autoantibody results further decrease the likelihood of lymphocytic thyroiditis in the thyroid glands of this dog. This profile is inconclusive at best with regards to support for a diagnosis of hypothyroidism. In a recent set of research samples from 30 young adult, healthy greyhounds (negative autoantibodies), T4 was between 2-6 nmol/L in 8 dogs, free T4 by dialysis was between 1-4 pmol/L in 4 dogs, and T3 ranged from 1.00-2.70 nm ol/L."

Her actual results are a message or two above in this thread, for reference.

Hope this doesn't add to the confusion. This article goes into some detail on normal values for greyhounds: http://home.comcast.net/~greyhndz/hypothyroid.htm

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)