How Do You Decide When Enough Is Enough?

Guest Tory

Guest benson

I'm really sorry.

We have helped two pets cross over and I would recommend you be there with her when it's time. I also recommend you bring Emily with you. When it was time to let our non-grey Buzz go we brought Pepsi and Sky with us. They knew he was ill. Afterward we sat together and said our goodbyes.

It's not an easy thing to do but I think you may regret not being there with her. :grouphug :grouphug

Edited by benson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so very sorry. I will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow. It is so hard; and yet we must be strong for them. It is the one time we dread, but the time when they really need us the most.

Guest chadmom

I am so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts will be with you today. I know how much you are dreading this, but you are doing the bravest, most loving thing for your pet. Take care and know that many people are thinking of you today.

Guest bowiebears

Thinking of you i this terrible, horrible situation.

Nonetheless, we can help our furkids in this way by easing their pain, and being there to see them thru.

I've done it for several greys, and while it is not easy, it is a comfort to me to have seen them go so peacefully....

We will meet one day at The Bridge...

--Isaac

Thinking of you today :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Tory

Thank you, Ellie passed peacefully to the bridge this afternoon, i stayed with her while she was sedated and then came out while they did the final shot, i went back and spent some time with her after she had gone, she was so peaceful :heart: Im so sad, i miss her terribly but i know in my hearts of hearts it was the right thing to do...

Guest ishapespace

I'm so sorry for your loss - literally holding back tears as I type - and dreading the day that we will have to face this with either of our 2 greys (they are our firsts)... please let us know how Emily is.... good luck

:grouphug:cry1

I just went through the same thing with my dog last November. He had kidney failure and we adjusted his diet and other things. He did great for a while, but you just can't stop something like that. I said I would never have him put to sleep, but that changed when I saw how fast he was going down. After I made the decision, I felt much better, because I felt like I had freed him from how bad his life had gotten. I still miss him terribly, though. If it comes to having to make the decision, don't feel guilty. It is something you do out of love and it is something you give a lot of thought to. When it is time, you just know. Good luck. Hope the vet visit goes well.

Thank you, Ellie passed peacefully to the bridge this afternoon, i stayed with her while she was sedated and then came out while they did the final shot, i went back and spent some time with her after she had gone, she was so peaceful :heart: Im so sad, i miss her terribly but i know in my hearts of hearts it was the right thing to do...

Oh sweetie ... :grouphug :grouphug I'm so sorry :(

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest caro

It breaks my heart every time I read about a loss. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Sending lots of hugs your way. Bye Ellie.

:bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug

Guest Winterwish

I'm so,so sorry Tory. :grouphug Nothing can come between the bond of love you and Ellie have,she will always be with you. Sending my deepest condolences to you,I wish so much I could do more. :grouphug

Run and play free sweet Ellie angel ~ :candle:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink:candle

Guest 2Greys2luv

I am so sorry for your loss. I had to send my two dogs to the bridge within six months of each other. It was the worst thing that I have ever had to do, but I know in my heart that it was the right time. I only wish that I had found a group like this when I had to go through it. I am new to this group, but am so thankful to have found such wonderful loving people all in the same place. Like you, I had to make that horrible decision and spent many hours on-line looking for answers. In the end, I realized that I was the only one who could make that decision and when the time was right I did. Now you have a wonderful support group to turn to with lots of people that have been through the exact same thing and are crying with you. My heart goes out to you. Please keep us updated about your other baby. She will be fine. Obviously, she has a wonderful loving family to care for her.

Kelley

Evans, Ga.