New To Group

Guest rsmccorm

Guest rsmccorm

n31900998_30264759_8335.jpg

Hi, my name is Rebecca. My fiance David and I recently adopted a greyhound on March 3, 2007. Her racing name is Tubros Quees, but we'd rather call her Emma. She is a small grey weighing in at only 55lb. She's brindle with the most stunning golden brown eyes. I fell in love with her picture first, and once I saw her at the kennel, we knew that she was ours. She was welcomed at home by our beagle mix named Lacy.

She was pretty well adjusted. We only had a few obsticals, one being the 4 sets of stairs going up to our 3rd story apt. The first attempt took us about 30 min, calmly moving one foot at a time until we reached the top. After about two days of going out about every 1 to practice the stairs, she finally got it. She definitely lags behind her sister who races up the stairs, but she does keep up with me which is what counts.

She just graduated 8 weeks of obedience training at PetSmart where she successfully learned how to bow on command (our substitute for sit). She lies down whenever she feels like it, and our attempt at shake ended up being a prissy step forward with one paw. She is excellent on a leash (except when treats are the distraction), and she is attached to her mom's hip (being mine). My fiance gets kind of jelous because Emma will cry and pace when I leave a room, yet calmly curls up on the sofa when he leaves. She is a born momma's girl. Sometimes just to make him feel better I say that she did stress when he left. Gotta keep his esteem up.

So that is just the beginning of our journey. I look forward to learning more about the greyhound breed from the group and sharing my exciting stories.

Rebecca M.

Guest KennelMom
:welcome Hi! Your girl is a beauty!!! (and that pic reminds me that I really miss my "adopt a greyhound" leash...I need to order another one! :P )

Hi from Miami. :wave Little Miss Emma is so pretty. I have a little brindle girl too. Miss Isabella is only about 48 lbs. Cant wait to see more pics of your little girlie hound.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

:welcome Hi and welcome! Your Emma is gorgeous!! :wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 3 weeks later...