Funny Vet Visit

Guest chigal950

When we first got Dusty, I noticed that when he peed the urine came out in multiple streams (sort of like a shower head :blink: ). When we had our next vet visit, I mentioned it to the new (woman - attractive blond woman) vet. We got Dusty up on the table and she pushed his penis out and said it just needed to be cleaned. And Your Honor, I swear that was the first time I saw Dusty smile :lol

Guest jettcricket

Oh, that's sooo funny. I had asked my vet about my boy, Jett's, private parts as well. I noticed these 2 walnut sized bumps at the base of his man hood when he gets excited. Now I know the boys been neutered, but was curious as to what the heck those things were. :huh I know guys don't have'em. :P My vet laughed and said that they were his urethra glands. He went on to tell me about a client of his that called him accusing him of not neutering his dog. So it's not the first time he's heard it. :lol:lol

Guest KennelMom

:rofl :rofl I'm laughing WITH you, of course!

Many years ago I took my kitten/cat in to the vet b/c I was SURE she was in the throws of death (my first cat ever)...the vet laughingly informed me that my cat was actually in the throws of her first heat. I promptly made her spay appointment :rolleyes::blush:

Guest Nutmeg1

Having had male dogs, I know how weird it looks. My DH has made a comment about it before. I will have to share this with him, he will find it highly amusing!

Edited by Nutmeg1

:lol Don't worry, this happens to most of the first time dog/male owners.

Thanks to GT and the thread robinw posted... I was aware of what those olives were before I adopted Icarus. The first time I saw them, it wasn't a shock.

However, I forgot to mention them to DH. The first time he saw them, he thought there was something wrong and wanted to take Icarus to the vet. We had a good long laugh when I explained it to him. :rofl

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

• 5 months later...
Guest Jordan7

Oh I'm so glad I did a search first before actually asking this same question!!

I too am a first time Male-dog owner and was a bit curious about those "Wallnuts". ~LOL

:rofl

Guest SillyDog

It's very different having a boy dog! Girls are so much neater AND all those parts are safely tucked away from our prying eyes.

Prancer is my first Penis In The House and it took me awhile to get used to The Equipment. And don't even get me started about the Great Smegma Fiasco of '04.....

Edited by SillyDog

:lol:lol:lol:lol Too funny! Reminds me of one my "nurse" friends at work...she thought her little guy had a tumor...the vet laughed until he cried...He had just dropped...but only on one side at that point! :P:lol

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.