Funny Vet Visit

Guest chigal950

Guest chigal950

Last night Caden ran through the family room to the back door - both hubby and I notice that his "underparts" were very swollen. Chalk that up to excitement right? Well they looked really really big, so after a couple of hours I went and manually palpated the area to see if everything seemed OK - it didn't look swollen any more but it seemed like it was still sortof stiff and hard/ropy inside.

So I figure, lets see what it is like in a day. He was really really swollen again today when I got home from work. Ok hmmmm. Let him sit for an hour and palpate again. Same thing, still sort of stiff and hard/ropy inside. And a little swollen. But this time he sits straight up and gives me a LOOK I have never seen before. Uh oh. Did that hurt? Blockage? Tumor? Happy to see me?

OK let's go to the vet and ask.

"Dr. ___, I hope this is one of those visits that you laugh about. But I am not sure if something might be wrong with Caden's privates. I am not in the habit, you know, of...well...." I described what happened. He checked Caden out. He looked at me keenly. And he said "Haven't you ever...." I finished his sentence: "No, I am not in the habit of feeling up my dog!!!" After that I got a short hands on anatomy lesson and now I know that it is normal to feel ropy in the middle. The vet told me a story about something similar that happened with actual veterinary students when he was in school.

Glad to say everything's normal, and Caden apparently has just been excited as all heck when Mommy comes home the last couple of days. I love my little pecker-boy and am glad he's OK. : )

OMG ...can't stop laughing.....

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Look out! Soon he'll start flashing his 'lipstick'. :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest dmona

Caden sure is a lot different than my boys. Neither of them will let me touch their privates when I am drying them off from their baths or from romping in the snow. It's like that belongs to me and you don't touch it.

well of course he's happy to see you...he knows he's about to get a good gropin' :lol

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

:lol :lol :lol

I can laugh at you because when I first adopted I took Patrick in because I thought he had an infection (discharge) and got a very nice lecture about how "when a boy dog sees a girl dog that looks fun..." he can still get excited even though he's neutured!

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Tenderhearts
I love my little pecker-boy and am glad he's OK. : )

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Randy is a very happy boy when I get home too! :blink::blush

Funny! I can say that because I got caught feeling my little boys privates at work the other day! They come to work with me and I was getting him out of the car and I noticed that stuff was, um, enlarged, so I did a little poking and prodding....and fully got busted by a colleague. :) Nice work! Question though, does stuff swell up back there when they need to go...or did he have to go real bad after that because of my poking??? It seemed like he peed a lot and all the bits and pieces were back to what I expected. I've only had this little man for three weeks, and it's my first puppy, so we are learning lots of firsts together lately!

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Just for the amusement value alone, I hope the vet didn't charge you for the visit. :lol

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest chigal950
Just for the amusement value alone, I hope the vet didn't charge you for the visit. :lol

He probably wouldn't have charged me but I also had Caden microchipped.

Poor Caden, first he gets his privates handled, then he gets stuck with a big needle. I gave him some sliced ham when we got home to make him feel better. His dignity may take a little longer to repair! :lol

Edited by chigal950

check out this olives thread from 2003. it's one of the funniest GT threads ever!! :rofl :rofl

enjoy :colgate

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest TBSFlame

Oh yes, I remember the olives. I called a friend that has a male dog to question her. I did find out my dog was normal without a vet appointment. :)

Guest nerak254

I did the same thing with a dog we had before the hounds. :blush Thank doG I was talking to the vet on the phone!

Edited by nerak254