Remembering Dublin

2fawngreys

I'm a day late, but I wanted to send love to my heartdog Dublin, our first greyhound who went to the bridge last New Year's Eve after a fight with osteosarcoma. We got him in July 1999, and fell in love immediately. He was playful, goofy and a snuggle pus who could take over a bed or couch and flung his stuffies with abandon.

He was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in September 2001, and had his right hind leg amputated. He felt much better afterwards, although he chewed open his stitches which made healing lots more fun :eek

But by Dec 31, we could see the pain was back and it was time to say goodbye. He slipped off to the bridge in our arms at the vet, but he will never be forgotten.

We love you Dublin (aka J's Texmex)

pc300043.jpg.w300h252.jpggoodbye.jpg

Karen with Tessye (galgo b 2017), Fidel (galgo b c2012), and bridge kids Dublin (J's Texmex 1996-12/31/01), Daisy (Assurance 8/8/95-9/26/07),  Bubba (Kelsos Irony b 5/99-8/19/10), and Mabel (Googly Spin  1/06-11/19)

greytalk-siggie-feb-2023.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. I know that this beautiful babe is running free now and looks down upon you with much love. :(:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Karen, so sorry for your loss of your sweet boy. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Karen, I'm crying just remembering your phone call to let us know. :crying

God bless you Dublin. I know you're showing Ibis where all the premo spots are to sniff.

What a sweet baby. :( I'm sorry for your loss.. They will always have a special place in your heart :)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

He was a beautiful boy. These osteocarcinoma stories are simply heartbreaking. I've only had one grey who went to the Bridge from old age, and until coming here, I had no idea that so many greys developed this type of cancer. Although I want another grey when the time is right (Millie died 4 months ago), all this talk of osteocarcinoma makes me nervous.